Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

do i need a second transceiver for the 5th and 6th cam?

yes
- 0 (0%)
or no
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: BIG question using 6 x10 wireless cams  (Read 9040 times)

dgarces3

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
BIG question using 6 x10 wireless cams
« on: February 21, 2007, 01:24:29 AM »

do i need a second transceiver for the 5th and 6th cams? im confused. i have the first 4 cams on house code "A" and to operate the 5th and 6th cam wont work if they are in house code "A" so they have to be switched to "B" right???  well, if my transceiver is set to "A", how am i going to access the other 2 cams. as far as what i know and read on the furom, is that the cams have to be set in 4 per house code letter right??? please can someone be clear on this, havin a huge migrane with this. thanks in advance? this is what i got  4 x wireless cams, 1 vanguard control center, reciever, rca hookup, wireless transceiver, usb transceiver, 4 eagle eye motion sensors. kind of new .

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: BIG question using 6 x10 wireless cams
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:57:39 AM »

No all the cameras can be on A if you want to. Just extra care must be done to find a remote CR13A; I think. That can do more than 4 of one group. The computer software may also. I have no software experiences with multi camera installs.
Problem is if you use A1-A4 any cameras on A5-A8 will not turn off if A1-A4 is turned on if the remote only does one group.
Unless you can isolate with more than one Camera Receiver; more than one camera on at a time will interfere with each other and all you get is a scrambled picture.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 01:25:37 PM »

I currently have 5 cams in one room in AHP N1 to N5. I believe that if you use the same house code and the cams are all in the same room that turning on any one of them will shut the others off. (Turning on N5 will shut down N1 thru N4 which ever is on and turning on N1 thru N4 will shut down N5)

The key is they need to be in the same room and the switching done from AHP software. I have not tried to use 2 remotes, one set to N1 thru N4 and the other set to N5 thru N8 but it may work? When I get time I will try it.

----------------KDR
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:35:54 PM by KDR »
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 03:04:42 PM »

In the Beta version of the video plug in for AHP there was a problem when using more than 4 cameras. When switching to a camera not in the group of 4 the last one used in the group would not turn off. I remember making a macro to turn of unused cameras and that worked fine. I believe that this was resolved in  a later version of the software and now works as KDR states.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Drews

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 05:36:11 PM »

In the Beta version of the video plug in for AHP there was a problem when using more than 4 cameras. When switching to a camera not in the group of 4 the last one used in the group would not turn off. I remember making a macro to turn of unused cameras and that worked fine. I believe that this was resolved in  a later version of the software and now works as KDR states.

This also occurs in Vanguard. I have cameras set on A1, A5, A9, and A13. When the motion detector tells it to switch say from A9 to A1, I still get A9, although the live feed image is assigned to the A1 slot of the 4 view grid. Oddly enough, with this configuration and clicking on A1 from A9 live, it works. Weird.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.