Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Protector plus and me, a stink newbie  (Read 22202 times)

largent

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Protector plus and me, a stink newbie
« on: January 06, 2007, 12:21:43 AM »

First, I don't visit the forums much if at all. But.... I have been using X10 modules and misc home automation gear from different manufacturers for a few years now. Some work better than others and you do usually get what you pay for. I bought the dx7000 2 years ago or so, never really thinking it would do anything but make the wife feel better about my odd work hours. Anyway, the week before xmas, we were out and about and at 11:30 p.m. I got the call on my cell from the trusty ;) dx7000. It has gone off a few times in the past, false alarms for no apparent reason, so i didn't think much of it until I got home half an hour later to find my front door kicked in. I know better locks woulda prevented it, of course had I left my pitbull home instead if taking him with....well.....anyway, that's it, nothing was gone, probably a kid or druggie got the crap scared outta them cause they left rubber tracks down the drive. So I lost nothing but a 100 bucks for door repair. Odd cause the computer with nice new lcd monitor was right there 4 feet inside the door but they took nothing. So even though someone smart enough to bypass it and break in might one day come along, the 100 bucks I spent on the system was worth it this time......

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Protector plus and me, a stink newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:12:11 PM »

Quote:
"to find my front door kicked in. I know better locks woulda prevented it"

Well.... maybe but I saw this on the Discovery Channel It Takes A Thief, even though I have a security door which I purchased after I had a similar experience I plan to to get a couple of these for my computer room and the bedroom, and by the way when these trash bags broke in my house they also got nothing! All my major lighting is x10 controlled so when the alarm went off (dx7000) every light in the house started flashing and three of those large powerhorns chimed in on que. I know they were freaked out and probably never came across anything like it! And yep False Alarms  >:(  >:( :o ??? the Achilles heal of the system are the MS10a's these things are known for false alarms! in the 1 step mode and NO ALARMS in the 2 movement mode if x10 would make a decent motion detector the system wouldn't be half bad that and the fact that you can disarm the system so to speak with a palm pad. That's why I'm just about finish installing my my new DSC hybrid system, but thank God x10 makes a burglar alarm module that will still flash my x10 controlled lighting when the alarm is tripped. Check out Strike Master 2 below, be sure to check out the flash video guys!!

Tom j

http://www.asafehome.net/index.html
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:09:41 PM by tom j »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Protector plus and me, a stink newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

Quote:

http://www.asafehome.net/index.html

Thank-You Tom! Strikemaster looks very interesting.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.