Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Server offline...online cant connect  (Read 21263 times)

wizard

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Server offline...online cant connect
« on: August 17, 2007, 04:47:39 PM »

When I try to connect to server it goes on line for 15 seconds then offline repeatedly. I phoned your customer service  (what a laugh) and the first tier person could not help me. Waiting for a second tier tech to contact me..............................
The connect button turns red then yellow.....

I have run msconfig and removed all but the basic window services.. eg no antivirus spam etc  Also disabled fire wall windows as well as on my net gear router Set up DMZ server..... Software is up to date 3.199  ????? what else to do I noticed that this has been a fairly frequent subject on this forum  :'(    waiting   ...............waiting............. ;D

wizard

Re: Server offline...online cant connect
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 12:04:06 PM »

OK no response from tier 2 technical service  ???. I played around some more 8) ...reinstalled old vanguard software and updated to newest version . The server now stays connected but I can not access my sight remotely via x10 gate ????   help anyone???? Is your server operational X10?????? Try rebooting it!

cactusjack99

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »

this is interesting,,,, mine seemed to be working well for a week or so.  We are going out of town, so I started some more robust tests, such as leave the host computer on several days in a row.

Suddenly no workee.  the log shows "server online" but no data being sent or received.  hhhhmmmm.  here's the strange part, this started last night about 9pm local.  I let both host and remote run all night, no data trasferred all night.  This morning the remote is suddenly getting pictures & control again.

The ONLY thing that has changed is that it is now daylight.  Is it possible this system can't work unless the cameras have a nice easy to see image???

BTW,,, my remote computer xvidn.dll is dated 12/15/2005,,,,, that feels a little old to me.

cactus

cactusjack99

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 01:43:34 PM »

well,,,, a little more information perhaps.

I have a 4 camera system.  1 camera was getting a much better picture and signal strength than the others, so much better that every once in awhile, the system would lock on that camera.

I decided (hunch based troubleshooting) that maybe this camera was overpowering the system and causing more than just a picture lock.  So I moved it to a less powerful spot.

Instaneously my online connect problem went away.  I don't have a huge information log on this yet, but it has been running flawlessly for the last 36 hours now.  The x10 gate server will stop passing data once in awhile, but to this point it has always resumed in a few minutes.

so, for what ever it's worth, I think it's worth trying to balance the cameras when using multi-camera systems such that they all have about the same picture clarity, which is sort of a signal strength to receiver indicator.

if anything changes, I'll update this.  Obviously if the system is not reliable, it's not much good!  Another little thing I discovered, it works better on the host computer if you disable any sort of automatic updates, (AV, Windows, etc)

cheers
cactus

zach1234

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 12:54:50 AM »

Guys calm DOWN. The vanguard server (at x10) is having slight problems x10 is working on fixing this. If some one wants me to connect to there system and they'll them If I can or cant I will. It will not work over the internet if your in the same house as the system. Please email me with your system ID and change your password to 123. I will test it for you and get back to you. Also try sentinel.x10.com.

X10 needs this on the top of the home page

Attention x10 customers the server is down that serves vanguard.

warderbrad

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »

Being that the servers are having issues more and more, when will X10 allow us to set up our own servers to host web viewing capability.  You would think they would welcome the relief to their bandwidth.

zach1234

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 08:04:13 PM »

You wouuld think. It suposed to be fixed today. I can connect to mine. If anyone wants me to try there system please email me the info above.

zach1234

SERVER IS DOWN
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 07:09:30 PM »

Server is DOWN
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:24:10 AM by Priority Support »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.