Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't Register (AGAIN)!  (Read 5893 times)

bcondemi

Can't Register (AGAIN)!
« on: February 28, 2007, 01:40:57 PM »

I have read much throughout this forum especially the registration problems others have faced.
I've done everything I could including disabling firewall, antivirus , router, etc.. etc...

That Eric guy doesn't help either, He keeps asking me the same questions over and over like the kind of connection I have, operating system, etc.. and in the end, he says they are too busy to answer tech questions and will get back to me. That was 2 and a half weeks ago, then again this week.

Anyway I bought this software along with the CM15A and other software modules that don't all work without the registration.

Can anyone who has experienced/know what to do help? I know this is a pain in the ass to answer but I'm at a loss.

Lost!
BC
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 11:42:46 PM by bcondemi »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Can't Register (AGAIN)!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 04:35:29 PM »

You did at least get the email with the registration codes I hope.

bcondemi

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »

Yes of Course!

All of them. Any Idea what to do next? Please!

BC

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 07:04:12 PM »

OK That is a start.
May have sounded like a dumb question, but some folks actually never got the email ID numbers.
Sorry. I don't have any added ideas. I do know you are not the only one reporting problems and I hope others that have found a way will share.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 07:39:54 PM »

I'm sure Eric already asked you this, but what error message do you get back when you try to register?

The two main error messages indicate different things -- "Registration not found" (I think that's what it says) means that the registration server returned a response that said that registration code you entered was not on the server for that piece of software. Someone at X10, unfortunately not Eric, has the ability to search the registration table manually and see if the code is not there. I used to do that sometimes, but I'm not sure who, if anyone, does it now. In the past it has happened that the system that generates the registration code and sends the email doesn't actually put the code in the registration table, and someone had to troubleshoot it.

The other message ("Error retrieving registration" or something like that) means that the software didn't receive a response from the registration server for its request. This case could be a routing problem between the server and your computer, or it could mean that the request never actually left your PC (was blocked by something). I guess that would also happen if the registration server was down for some reason.

philliec

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 09:37:14 PM »

I had a problem in the beginning with registration due to a proxy server that I had to go through to complete the process. I ended up buying a cheap dial in service for this one off registration and it worked fine.
Craig

bcondemi

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 10:20:27 PM »

Ok I got the error "Could not retrieve.

I don't have a router and am connected directly to a dsl modem. Also, I turned off my firewall, and my antivirus software. I did all the basic steps I'm supposed to do. (I Think)

(just a note) I sometimes use azureus (my torrent client) and when uploading/downloading, my status is always green (I am Connectable).

I think my setup is correct (hopefully), HOWEVER, after entering my registration code, in less than a second, I get the 'could not retrieve' error. perhaps its not going out like you suggest. Not sure why because my firewall is off. There are no other restrictions I know about.

I tried the dial-up also and again got the same error message.

Could there be something wrong with the software? Ive got 3.203

Any other things I perhaps am overlooking?

thank-you

BC
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 11:46:04 PM by bcondemi »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 08:22:46 AM »

3.203 was released on 24 March 2006 was extremely buggy and was replaced by 3.204 on 3 July 2006 - that's the most current version. That's what you need to get. I suspect the registration code you got in the e-mail only works with the current (3.204) version.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

bcondemi

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 09:21:45 AM »

OK Got going! Fortunately, for the snow storm (I stayed home from work and spent lots of time reading!)

I got a program called 'Port Explorer' (trial version) and had it open to monitor all the ports that were being used.

Turns out, my 'AdAware' program was using port 8080 and was conflicting with AHP.

Eric had told me once that some other programs may be using the same port, which I couldn't understand why, if I didn't run it.

Anyway, changed 'Adware's' port number to something else, then used registry repair in 'System Mechanic', rebooted and started AHP

I registered AHP, Macros, Myhouse, iWitness, and Onalert.

Everything works now!

Thanks for all the suggestions and help!

BC

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 12:53:23 PM by bcondemi »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 01:01:45 PM »

Did you install AHP 3.203 or get 3.204?  Did you read my post about the problems with 3.203 and the corrections X10 added to 3.204?  Did any of the plug-ins update the version to 3.206?  That comes with MyHouse, I believe.

Glad you're up & running.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 02:02:39 PM »

Registration codes will never be version specific. The only things stored on the registration server is the product ID and your registration information. It doesn't know anything about versions, and version data isn't sent when a piece of software tries to register.

bcondemi

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 03:59:16 PM »

I had purchased version 3.203 and got the upgrade of 3.204 for free. Because I had problems with getting the CM15A I was offered smart macros, iwitness, etc at an additional low cost that I couldn't pass up. Anyway, when I installed the other software/plug-ins, my software now says version 3.206.

BC

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 11:41:33 PM »

That's good to know. Enjoy AHP and the plug-ins.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.