Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3-Way Sw  (Read 7578 times)

Byron trantham

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
3-Way Sw
« on: March 07, 2007, 08:19:25 AM »

I have had a three way switch in our hall for several years.  It is turned on an off with two hawkeye motion sensors, one at each end of the hall.  It stopped working.  I tried it with the palm transmitter and it still didn't work so I guess the haweyes are ok.  The threeway switch works manually at both ends.  I ordered a new three way and it doesn't work either.  Look like I have another problem that is not obvious to me.  As I write this, I just remembered that I did not replace the remote switch, only the one with the address switches.  Anyone out there have an idea as to what to look at next?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: 3-Way Sw
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 09:43:27 AM »

trantham: Have you added or moved any electrical/electronic equipment in your house just prior to the switches not working? (I.E.. TV, PC, microwave oven, etc.) You may have introduced a noise source or signal sucker between the lights & the transceiver.

What are you using as a transceiver?
Have you tried moving it onto the same electrical circuit as your lights?

Byron trantham

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:31:19 AM »

trantham: Have you added or moved any electrical/electronic equipment in your house just prior to the switches not working? (I.E.. TV, PC, microwave oven, etc.) You may have introduced a noise source or signal sucker between the lights & the transceiver.

Actually we have.  I'll check that out.  The only thing that confuses me is the fact that everything on the transceiver ciruit is till working.  It's just this one sw that has stopped.  Anyway, I look into equipment moves.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Byron trantham

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:19:38 AM »

Well I did check out the stuff we recently moved and I'll be darned; it was a TV!  I've been using X10 for 15 or so years and this is the first time I was able to absolutely identify an appliance as a source of problem.  In this case I believe its a signal sucker.  I have one of those bridges that amplify the signal but I guess this one is just too much.  anyway you hit it right on the head.  Thanks.

Byron

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.