Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How long do batteries last on sensors  (Read 6249 times)

dgarces3

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How long do batteries last on sensors
« on: March 10, 2007, 01:47:16 AM »

hello, i have a question, how long will my batteries last on my devices such as active eye sensors, door window sensors, if it is use all the time. and if my batteries are dying how will i know and if they are dead, when installing new cameras do i have to set them up again how i had them or does the sensor stores the settings

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: How long do batteries last on sensors
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 02:28:59 AM »

Last September I started keeping a record of the battery changes for each of my door/window sensors and ActiveEye motion detectors along with recording the type of battery. Unfortunately this record will not be useful until all devices have had 2 battery changes.

However, I can say that I have door/window sensors that I have not changed the batteries in since I installed it over a year ago. A couple of my high-traffic area ActiveEyes are currently running 6 months since the last battery change.

If your door/window sensors batteries are dying then the corresponding LED on the PS561 will light when it now longer checks in.

The sensors/detectors do not store any set up information in non-volatile memory... so when the batteries die and get replaced, you need to set them up again.

dgarces3

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 12:22:40 AM »

one more question im trying to set up my motion sensors with my commander II, i get successful results storing codes to store the sensors and the record button, but when i get to step 9 to press the 'stop' button and release it, it does blink 8 times but t does not remain on do you know whats going on please help.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 04:03:43 AM »

I only have the basic VCR Commander (UX21A), so I don't know if there is much difference in programming between it and the VCR Commander II, but as odd as it sounds, following the instructions exactly as they are written works.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 11:57:33 AM by Puck »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.