Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: IR10A and IR543  (Read 34660 times)

nswint

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
    • Shiksa
IR10A and IR543
« on: March 09, 2007, 05:13:39 AM »

How do you use the new IR10A with the IR Command Center?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: IR10A and IR543
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »

How do you use the new IR10A with the IR Command Center?

I don't know much about the IR10A. I saw an ad at the X10.com Site but thats about it. I did review it's PDF, but didn't see anything there ether.

I use the IR543 with a Harmony/Logitech remote, which allowed me to put in the X10 IR codes. Then the Infrared Mini Controller (IR543) receives the codes and changes and transmitts them as X10 line singals.

You may want to read this link!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:20:41 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

x-ray man

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »

Did you every figure out a way to use the IR10A with the IR543?  I can't seem to make it control a lamp module LM465.  Any help would be appreciated.

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 08:26:05 PM »

GLT had a great post on another thread HERE.

x-ray man

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 10:44:55 PM »

Dave,

After reading the other post I'm guessing it cannot be done with this remote.  Is that how you read the post. It's irritating as it is marketed that  it will work.

Thanks for the post

x-ray man

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 09:34:04 PM »

After countless conversations with X10 people I have come to the conclusion that there is no solution to my issue.  I'm sending the icon IR10A remote back. Even if it did work who wants a remote to control the lights that says DVD or CD to control lighting.  I bought a harmony 880. It works great with the IR543 to control lighting. I would recommend ditching the icon remote for it. Customer service is poor at X10 for this issue. I couldn't find a single person who could tell me how to work the icon remote with lights.  On page 38 of the manual it is very confusing and the instructions are very unclear. I can't believe that the remote is being marketed and sold with the IR543 and lamp module. There is not an Icon or control for it. You cannot select any of the modules or rename then as their manual suggests you can.

I lliked the functionality of the remote except for this 1 thing. It is not the remote for you if you are looking for something to work more than just your audio/visual equipment.

x-ray man

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »

Please do not take the post above as bash on the icon X10A remote. I really like the remote except for the 1 issue I had with it. The harmony 880 seems to work better for me as the lighting issue was BIG for me and I couldn't find an alternative solution or anyone to help me with my problem. I don't think the remote is defective, I really just think that an X10 controller was left out of the software (icons) for this remote to control lighting. This may or may not be the case. I felt badly that I couldn't keep the remote because compared to the harmony series it seems much better built and I really liked not having to program it with my computer. I could recommend it to others if "lighting" is not an issue with you.  I also would like to know if anyone else had an issue like this? If this one issue could be resolved, I'd keep this remote. Again, is there anyone else in the forum who experienced this issue?

The other items that come in the package system worked great. The IR543 and lamp module are awesome. I also purchased a switch module that works great too. The unfortunate part is that for me I have to control them through the harmony.  I'd ditch it though for an X10 solution as the X10 remotes feel and touch is superior to harmony's.

Thanks

x-ray man

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 07:01:49 PM »

Just in case someone else experiences the difficulty I had I am writing this response to my above comments. Today I received an email from X10 support informing me to try a different code. This code if different from the one printed on pg. 38 of the manual.  Luckily I still had the remote and hadn't returned it yet so I opened it back up and tried the code 0998.  The device responded perfectly and it worked great. Unfortunately, I have already bought the harmony 880 and am still planning on returning the X10, or perhaps I can get a friend to buy it from me. I'll try that option before immediately returning the remote. The thing I'm not liking when comparing it to the other remote is that there is not an icon for light. You have to use a TV, audio, DVD icon and cannot customize or even change the wording from TV to lights. Regardless, it does work and I would have kept this remote had I not already purchased the other.

x-ray man

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 07:05:29 PM »

Did you every figure out a way to use the IR10A with the IR543?  I can't seem to make it control a lamp module LM465.  Any help would be appreciated.

The code is printed wrong in the manual that comes with the remote. It should be 0998 not 0401.

HA Dave

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 03:31:01 AM »

The code is printed wrong in the manual that comes with the remote. It should be 0998 not 0401.

Helpful info.

D

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 09:39:24 PM »

Thanks for the proper code.  X10 really should mention it on their site.

I was almost ready to send the remote back.  Now I don't.  Whiich is great because I love this remote.  It even learns my Sharp Air Purifier remote  The old UR24A would not learn it.

Now if they would only update it to use X10 RF.

D.

D

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 09:49:36 PM »

You have to use a TV, audio, DVD icon and cannot customize or even change the wording from TV to lights.

It is a shame that you can not change the icon to an X10 one, but you can change the label.  I called it X10 and my Air purifier is labeld Purifier.

After you pick your device type (I used IPTV for the icon), and have got to the test remote page, there is a "Label" function at the bottom left.  This lets you call any of the 10 devices whatever you want.

Now if they would just blank out the unused icons instead of just greying them out.

later,
D.

campbedo

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »

Finally an answer to the X10 programming problem. Love the remote as it got rid of five separate ones. Even runs my Sony Receiver. Easy setup and the wife loves it. Brownie points are good.
Only problem was the X10 didn't work. Seems dumb to have X10 sell a product that doesn't work with their own stuff.
Thanks for forums.

Starbuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 10:57:25 AM »

Helpful info.

Well I went setup> advanced> Device Codes> selected Aux2> which had been Made ia TV prior> entered dvice code 0998> it saved it> I hit ok> I selected the right mode> pressed 2 & channel up>  Nothing happens.  I know the IR543 works because hte buttons on the top control my test module

What did I do wrong?

Starbuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 10:59:11 AM »

It is a shame that you can not change the icon to an X10 one, but you can change the label.  I called it X10 and my Air purifier is labeld Purifier.

After you pick your device type (I used IPTV for the icon), and have got to the test remote page, there is a "Label" function at the bottom left.  This lets you call any of the 10 devices whatever you want.
later,
D.

Please outline the steps, I could't find a test remote page anywhere.  Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.