Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EagleEye MS14A RF Traffic - Help  (Read 7769 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
EagleEye MS14A RF Traffic - Help
« on: August 18, 2008, 09:01:45 AM »

If I walk outside my back door, my EagleEye motion sensor (mounted beside the door) picks me up and starts transmitting RF.  If, without stopping, i walk briskly 20 feet, turn around and walk back through the door, I get at least 10, sometimes 15-20 "RF transmit H3-ON" entries in my Activity Monitor.

Yes, I have repeaters - but my question is, without any repeaters, what's normal for such an activity?  Within a time span of maybe 10 seconds, with constant movement, how many ON transmissions should I expect?

Thanks!
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: EagleEye MS14A RF Traffic - Help
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 11:51:02 AM »

Yes, I have repeaters
 .......................... Within a time span of maybe 10 seconds, with constant movement, how many ON transmissions should I expect?

Interesting question PajamaGuy. Why don't you unplug those repeaters.... run a test and let us know. I would be interested in seeing what the difference would be WITH and WITHOUT repeaters.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 05:03:14 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

PajamaGuy

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 01:11:31 PM »

I plan on doing that when I get home - but I'm also replacing them with MS10A's. 

Does anyone know how often they're "supposed" to transmit during motion?
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 04:25:05 PM »

I thought the motion sensors had a built in time delay between sending motion sensed signals.
Some repeaters get into a signal storm with the CM15A. My Smarthome Dryer Plug Repeater and some addresses would get into a signal storm of signals.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »

I thought the motion sensors had a built in time delay between sending motion sensed signals.

My ActiveEyes cycle about ever 6 seconds with continuous motion. My activity monitor only shows one X10 signal per detection. E.G. L1 followed immediately by L1 ON.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 06:44:52 AM »

Thanks for that added information Puck.

Boiler

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 04:56:11 PM »

Pajamaguy,

The situation you're describing is very hard on the CM15a (doesn't have much horsepower), your V572, and your repeater (XTB-IIR).

As  Dave_x10_L suggested, please evaluate whether you actually need those repeaters (or at least limit the number and adjust the location).  I would think the V572 would be able to handle the distances in most homes.

Secondly, your CM15a antenna is right next to your V572.  You've already committed to the V572 as your "RF transceiver of choice".  Unless you are planning on transmitting RF with the CM15a, consider disabling the antenna to eliminate the RF load on the unit.

My 0.02,
Boiler

PajamaGuy

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 12:51:08 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!  I certainly will try to eliminate one of the SR731's - but my DS7000 needs one to get reliable reception of all of it's sensors.

If I disable the RF reception of the CM15A, I'll lose the ability to use the sensors' state as macro conditions.  I don't now have the V572 transceiving the HC of the MS14A's so it shouldn't be having a impact.  I know I can convert the RF to monitored PLC's, and maybe I should, I just like the speed and efficiency of having sensors (installed as security devices) as conditionals.

I hear what you're saying Boiler, I'm just not sure I'm ready to cut off the RF input.  I am going to replace the MS14's with MS10's - their triggers do have an acceptable delay between transmissions.

I'll be home tomorrow and will work on enjoy the interaction with my money pit X10 system over the weekend!   >!
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.