Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Software download - Never got e-mail link, x10.com useless  (Read 7844 times)

riffer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I ordered the AHP kit last week and received it on Thursday. I was confused as to why there was no CD included until I read the manual telling me to download the software. Unfortunately, I never received an e-mail from x10.com with a download link. I thought perhaps this was because I used Google Checkout.

Today I called X10's customer service number. After 15 minutes of listening to a very painful combination of hold music and dysfunctional recordings ("--i, I'm jeremy the customer service manager and--" dead silence followed by blaring music), I finally got someone. I explained the problem and they carefully took down my e-mail address and supposedly sent off a new link.

I never got it.

I really don't understand this intense aversion X10 has to giving hardcopies of the software, considering it costs about 5 cents to make CDs enmasse. But I really don't get the refusal to just put the software up on the website to download. It's completely useless without the hardware, for frell's sake.

If someone can privately send me the link, I'd appreciate it. Or if someone from X10 wants to contact me, please do! Otherwise I'm going to have to call my credit card company and decline the charges....

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: AHP Software download - Never got e-mail link, x10.com useless
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:57:55 PM »

riffer -- Try this URL   http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

I'm not sure what software you need, but this is X10's Download Software Center.  Also, "If you need to download software you purchased, please fill out the Secure Download Form to receive a link to the program." 

Hope this helps

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »

...Unfortunately, I never received an e-mail from x10.com with a download link. I thought perhaps this was because I used Google Checkout.

...I explained the problem and they carefully took down my e-mail address and supposedly sent off a new link.

I never got it.

...If someone can privately send me the link, I'd appreciate it...

Try:

replacing XXXXXXX with your Actual Order Number.

[Bump my Helpfuls if it still works that way... ;) (NOT someone from X10)]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:26:48 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

berniejr72

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 11:06:46 PM »

These were very helpful since X10 didnt send me my registration info  Thanks!!!

The only one that Im missing is for On Alert, does anyone know the link for that?   And yes I ordered from X10 and have my order number.

Thanks again.

berniejr72

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 01:33:13 AM »

After sending another email and threatening to call BBB, all of a sudden I receive an email with all five applications.  I still never received my registration code, but thanks to this forum I  figured out my code for AHP and each plug-in.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.