Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS7000 won't register motion sensor  (Read 5740 times)

georgejr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS7000 won't register motion sensor
« on: March 25, 2007, 12:25:28 AM »

I installed the DS7000, SH624 Remote, VT38A Motion Activated Camera w/lights, UX23A VCR Commander, one LM15A Socket Rocket and a VR36A Video Receiver.

The camera, motion sensor, Socket Rocket and flood lights seem to work fine. When the sensor activates the lights come on, I can see the image on the monitor (hooked up thru vcr), the lamp with the rocket comes on and the vcr starts recording. The remote will turn the floods and camera on and off, panic on and off and the arm dis-arm seems to work OK. The problem is I can't get the motion detector on the VT38A to register with the DS7000 console (no conformation beep and no zone light). The VT38A doesn't have a test button for the motion detector and activating the detector with the remote doesn't register it either. I have even tried resetting the whole system and starting over with no luck. So, how do you get it to register?

Hope this was enough info. Does anyone have any ideas?  ???

[Puck edit: corrected topic name to DS7000]

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 06:29:55 PM by Puck »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: DS700 won't register motion sensor
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:34:25 AM »

The problem is I can't get the motion detector on the VT38A to register with the DS7000 console (no conformation beep and no zone light).

The only motion sensor that can be registered to the DS7000 Security System is the MS10A. No other X10 motion sensor has the built in security codes.

georgejr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 12:26:20 PM »

Thanks for the reply Puck.
It's just as well since I have the unit mounted over my garage doors and the motion sensor and lights activate every time a car passes on the street. I guess that would make it hard to get any sleep with the alarm going off all the time. :)

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 12:31:12 PM by georgejr »

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 12:44:17 PM »

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?

Not for the Floodcam's motion detection.

However, you can use pieces of electrical tape to mask off areas of sensitivity.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 05:45:14 PM »

It's just as well since I have the unit mounted over my garage doors and the motion sensor and lights activate every time a car passes on the street...

...Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?

Before you start experimenting with the black electrical tape, try lowering the vertical aspect of the sensor. Each of those tiny rectangular windows in the curved plastic generates a 'spoke' - that's how it can detect motion left-to-right and somewhat less up-and-down; when an object hotter than the existing background crosses in front of several 'spokes'.

If your top row is detecting motion in the street (far), lower the sensor so that the top row only sees the curb at the foot of the driveway. If you SEARCH the X10.Com site, there are a few diagrams scattered about. If you ADVANCED SEARCH here with my ID, you should find a LINK. Also ADVANCED SEARCH here for 'spoke' and my ID for other archived discussions.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 06:27:52 PM »

Before you start experimenting with the black electrical tape, try lowering the vertical aspect of the sensor...

Excellent suggestion, only problem with the Floodcam though is the main priority (usually) is the camera's view. So once you have that set to the way you like, you can't adjust the sensor separately.  ;)

The information about the 'spokes' will definately help with understand more when it comes to masking areas.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.