Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: setup  (Read 6865 times)

wolf1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
setup
« on: March 24, 2007, 05:18:44 PM »

I just received my system.I plug in 2 lamp modules using different numbers. I go to install, press arm on the remote.....1 beep fine. When I set it to run 1 or 2 and press arm, it justs keeps beeping and the record light comes on for a second.Lamps do not come on at all. Not off to a very good start

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: setup
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 05:33:31 PM »

What system are you talking about?  More information is necessary for us to help you.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 06:08:41 PM »

wolf1: Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are setting up a DS7000 security system(?)

If so (or not), like Dan said, please provide more info about the equipment you are setting up.

Guessing that it is the DS7000, do you have all your motion sensors and/or door/window sensors installed?

It does sound like you installed your remote.

When in the run1 or run2 mode, are any of the zone LEDs red or flashing?
(If you have more than 8 zones, hold down the bypass button to see zones 9 thru 16.)

Are the lamp module house codes the same as the base station?

wolf1

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 07:19:06 PM »

Sorry about that. Yes , I'm trying to set up a DS7000, but I can't get past the set up.
 According to the manual(page 7)... "set it to run1 or run2, Press ARM AWAY on the remote. The console beeps once to confirm and the ARM indicator lights." My unit continues to beep with no ARM indicator lights, stops when I press disarm. . No Leds do not come on at all. I installed two lamp modules to test the security light on and off. Set them to the same house and unit codes as the console per instructions....nothing happens when I try it. I have'nt set anything else up because I can't get past  the original setup
I'm figuring the unit is defective, but I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly or missing something. I'm pretty good with electronics, but this is rather confusing putting it all together

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 07:25:28 PM »

If you press Arm Away and the system just keeps beeping, the remote is probably set to the "Delay" mode. Look towards the bottom of the remote. There should be a little switch that says "Instant" and "Delay." If the switch is set to Delay, the system will wait 40 seconds until it arms, and will beep to count down that 40 seconds and let you know what it's doing. The idea behind Delay mode is that you can press the button to start the arming process while you're still in the house and use the 40 seconds to leave.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 07:38:04 PM »

My unit continues to beep with no ARM indicator lights, stops when I press disarm. . No Leds do not come on at all.

It's probably as MichaelC just described.

One other thing I'm curious about, since you stated that you did not install any door/window nor motion sensors yet, maybe this is a function of the DS7000  ??? Without anything to arm, why arm?  ;) :D

If it's not a delay issue, you might want to register one sensor as a test. If all else fails, do a full reset (unplug, remove battery) and try again.

I installed two lamp modules to test the security light on and off. Set them to the same house and unit codes as the console per instructions....nothing happens when I try it.

If you cannot turn on & off the lamp modules with the remote then you could have an electrical noise / phase issue between where the base is plugged in and the modules. You may have to move things around to find locations that work.

But for this, the best method is MAP / MEASURE / CORRECT

wolf1

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 07:03:17 PM »

Right on the money, MichaelC. Everything is falling into place nicely now....so far
Thanks to all

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.