Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macros and timers don't run from CM15A interface  (Read 8511 times)

Mavrik

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macros and timers don't run from CM15A interface
« on: February 24, 2007, 09:06:08 PM »

In the 'hardware interface configuration' it shows a percentage of macros, timed events and dusk/dawn. But the macros never run. Yes, I have 'run from interface' checked on the macros. I have downloaded to the interface CM15A multiple times and macros never run. Timer events don't run as well. Everything triggers manually.

I have a phase coupler installed and the CM11A always ran macros and timers.

Also I can't stop the 'featured add-on' pop up (OnAlert). Under preferences it won't select or de-select. Currently it shows unselected, but those stinking pop-up just keep coming. This really sucks since I can't download a paid for copy of OnAlert.

I also noticed if I check the 'restrict access to this module' it self deletes when I re-open AHP.

Edited to add *******************
I tried to run a simple timer from AHP and it didn't operate the device and didn't show up on the activity monitor. Tried the same manually and it worked and showed on log.

I have been reading the posts from 'read this first' page and still can't find the answer.

The CM15A is set on the correct house code under the tools>hardware configuration.
There is no new additions in the house.
The old CM11A system worked fine, I just swapped out for the CM15A and set AHP up.
No conditions on the macros. (my straight timers don't run either).
The activity log shows no timers/macros has run. Shows manual switching.

While searching
Read someone suggested to disable the RF command but I can't find the setting. (I don't understand how this would help)
I have read transmission problems and to extend the antenna, but my understanding is all signals travel thought the house's electric. From the AHP program I can switch anything on/off so it seems transmitting isn't a problem.

I'm getting tired of reading thought hours of posts right now, so this is it for now.

Please help.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:42:40 PM by Mavrik »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Macros and timers don't run from CM15A interface
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 06:37:59 PM »

Since you ran the CM11A prior do you have your other transceivers configured in AHP correctly?
Set as RF transceivers not appliance modules?
What is the trigger your using for your macros?
Are All your house codes set as transceiver except for those with a transceiver on them?
Are the macros your trying to run sending commands to another transceiver?
Lots of questions But I'm trying to picture your setup! ::)
Settings for RF is found in the Hardware configuration remove all housecodes from the transceiver codes window!
You may need to add a send RF signal in you macro if it is sending info to a transceiver as some only receive RF and transmit back on the Power line! ;)
There are lots of things you can try perhaps someone else who converted from a CM11A to the CM15A will jump in. Many can get by with out the added transceivers required for the Cm11A. Since the CM15A is a all house code transceiver you may be getting signal collisions among other things! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mavrik

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 10:48:09 PM »

My CM11A system consisted of 8 two pin appliance modules and one lamp module and the TM751 transceiver to run them. One house code 'A'.

With the CM11A (interface) and TM751 (transceiver) removed and everything else left the same.  Adding just the CM15A (transceiver) and using the AHP software instead of AH software, I can run everything from the AHP program 'room switches'.  This means everything is set up properly already, correct.

I just can't get the CM15A to operate the downloaded timers or macros.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 11:49:19 AM »

Read again what Tuicemen suggesting. Did you check all those suggestions...especially the part about making sure your house code is set to be trancieved?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Mavrik

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 01:25:39 PM »

Sorry for my ignorance, I guess it was assumed that I know what I'm doing, which I don't. I have been working with AH for over a year now and I was under the impression AHP works the same.

I de-selected the 'transceived house codes'. I downloaded a test macro to the interface and it worked with AHP closed! However, now my X10 universal remote and palm pad don't work. I need both to work, something's I run automatically, others manually. Everything still switches from the AHP program.

"Set as RF transceivers not appliance modules; Are All your house codes set as transceiver except for those with a transceiver on them??"  Is that what I did above? If not, could I get some insight? I wish there was instruction section of AHP for dummies.

"Since you ran the CM11A prior do you have your other transceivers configured in AHP correctly?"
I assume I do, since they work manually.

All the macros are on timers.

"Are the macros your trying to run sending commands to another transceiver?"
I'm not sure what this means.

"You may need to add a send RF signal in you macro if it is sending info to a transceiver as some only receive RF and transmit back on the Power line!"
I'm not sure what this means or how to do it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:48:21 AM »

Sorry for my ignorance, I guess it was assumed that I know what I'm doing, which I don't. I have been working with AH for over a year now and I was under the impression AHP works the same.
No need to apologize. ;) Perhaps once you get everything running up to pare you can create a post pointing out the Differences you found and how to over come them as a helpful tip to others converting! ;)
I de-selected the 'transceived house codes'. I downloaded a test macro to the interface and it worked with AHP closed! However, now my X10 universal remote and palm pad don't work. I need both to work, something's I run automatically, others manually. Everything still switches from the AHP program.

"Set as RF transceivers not appliance modules; Are All your house codes set as transceiver except for those with a transceiver on them??"  Is that what I did above? If not, could I get some insight?
No! You told AHP not to respond to RF with a power line control. ;)
You need to make sure your transceivers (TM751) are set as Transceivers Find the module and edit it so it states the module as a "Transceiver Module(RF)"
I wish there was instruction section of AHP for dummies.
Check my thread "Topic: Having ActiveHome Pro Problems? Please Read This First!  (Read 15218 times)"
there are lots of helpful links Posted there.

"Are the macros your trying to run sending commands to another transceiver?"
I'm not sure what this means.
In your macro are you sending a command to a TM751 or a module similar (module with an antenna)
"You may need to add a send RF signal in you macro if it is sending info to a transceiver as some only receive RF and transmit back on the Power line!"
I'm not sure what this means or how to do it.
AHP is capable of sending RF (radio frequency signals similar to that which your palm pad sends) as well as Power line commands. There is an option to send RF signals in the macro configuration!
Seems lots of CM11A users have problems converting over to AHP Since I never owned a CM11A my help is limited! I suggest you do a LOT of reading here. You'll find those that converted with out any problems Such as Dan Lawrence and those which had issues like TakeTheActive Read some of the posts made by them. TTA has many helpful post he created which I'm sure you'll find very helpful, like: Topic: TTA's X10 Troubleshooting Tips Thread [Updated: 2007/03/05]  (Read 5087 times)
Please take the time to read and try others suggestions as not all suggestions work for everyone! ::)  No matter how simple or far fetched they may seem you'll be amazed at the way some work! Alot of problems come from the way your home was constructed(wiring as well as building materials used) ;)

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.