Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone got Vanguard I C C to work with Vista yet? AND UPDATES  (Read 43728 times)

WESAYYSO

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Has anyone got Vanguard I C C to work with Vista yet? AND UPDATES
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »

Dear Dave,
                Stay protected you say. I refer to the exact directions given to me from x10 Attached is the software that you requested.  Please make sure that you have your firewall and antivirus disabled when you install and register your software.So mocking
my misfortune only proves that x10 needs to get a true concept of 'lie-ability!!!! But thanks for the confirmation always stay protected folks best way to do that is to abstain from x10.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 04:22:59 PM »

... So mocking my misfortune only proves that x10 needs to get a true concept of 'lie-ability!!!!

Please understand... I have no desire to mock you or your misfortune. And... I am not X10. I don't work for X10.. I receive nothing from X10. I offered to be of help if I could be.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

WESAYYSO

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 02:09:57 AM »

Dave,
You might as well work for x10 because your ability to focus on the issue is as lacking as was the response from customer service. THE ISSUE HERE IS THE FACT I WAS INSTRUCTED TO TURN OFF MY FIREWALL AND SPYWARE CAUSING  my operating system to malfunction. I've been frustrated with the inability of x10's customer service they have lied, mocked, and all in all been rude.My intent is to clear my conscience by WARNING others of this potential MISFORTUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 07:51:19 AM »

In my experience almost all software producers instruct the end-user to disable firewall and anti-virus and spyware  protection before installing - they also tell the end-user to make sure that no other software is running.

WESAYYSO, I understand your frustration, but I'm sure that the Vanguard software has been virus checked so your issue is probably not there - perhaps you mistakenly visited a suspect website before, during or after the install whilst your protection was disabled?

Virussus (virii?) happen even with virus protection and firewalls installed and operating - I wiped out my desktop just before Christmas simply by opening an email that was sent to me by my sister - the email and it's attachment had been checked for cleanliness by McAfee (constantly updated and contantly running, even during software installation). This not only proves what Dave says about computers being only human, it also shows that virus protection is only human and more importantly that humans are usually less than human.

The fact that you managed to wipe out a total of THREE computers is very unfortunate - most people would investigate further after the first one was disabled instead of going ahead and attempting to install again. Almost everyone would simply STOP after the second bad install and think again or ask for assistance. I don't think it's morally possible to lay blame on a software producer for an end-user being careless enough during an allegedly doubtful installation to take out 3 different computers.

I also don't work for X10. I also have been disappointed by their lack of customer service. I (and many others on this forum) also avoid their website. What I have found is that this forum, which is hosted by X10 and operated by devoted users of X10, is a VERY informative place to visit. However, it's probably hard to visit and make intelligible comments if you completely run out of computers due to continuously and blindly following what you believe are defective instructions to install what you believe is defective software.

$0.02

Have a wonderful day and don't forget to return your 'defective' X10 stuff for a full refund   :)
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 12:03:50 PM »

Dave,
You might as well work for x10 because your ability to focus on the issue is as lacking as was the response from customer service.

I will try to work on that "focus thing". Thank-you for pointing out my shortcoming.

I've been frustrated with the inability of x10's customer service they have lied, mocked, and all in all been rude.My intent is to clear my conscience by WARNING others of this potential MISFORTUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand and even FEEL your frustration. Some of us (here at the forum) sometimes refer to Home Automation (X10) as a hobby. We realize that HA (and it products) aren't Plug'N-Play and often don't work Out-of-the-box. The challenge of stepping out of my comfort zone... and learning and growing... can be BOTH frustrating and rewarding. I find it to be a complete distraction from everyday life... hence: An enjoyable hobby. It's too bad you didn't find the enjoyment.

These posts are never removed! Your posted warning will remain here... for who knows how long. And it is searchable too (even from google) You've posted a fine warning! I hope your conscience is cleared.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

General88

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 05:40:08 PM »

I keep getting rundll32 errors when I stop recording video, this has happened with two separate computers I have one with XP and the other with Vista, is there a solution for this?

Vanguard internet security software
usb digital video converter: VA12A
wireless cameras and reciever
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.