Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DS7000 Arming with Delay  (Read 29257 times)

Sharpy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS7000 Arming with Delay
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:25:58 AM »

Hi Folks,
It says in the Manual that pressing the 'ARM' button on the console unit will arm it in delay mode. Mine 'arms' the unit
instantly, so leaves no time to leave the house. Perhaps I'm missing something ?

Anybody else experienced similar problem ?

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: DS7000 Arming with Delay
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 08:30:34 AM »

Don't forget that the in the "delay" mode the console will chime for 1 minute (to let you get out of the house) and then will beep to show that the system is armed.  On the way back in you have 30 seconds to disarm. 

Sharpy

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 10:00:43 AM »

I understand that, but how do I arm the console in 'delay mode'. When I press the 'arm' button on the console, it 'dings' once and arms instantly. Do you think my console is faulty ? The manual clearly states that when you arm the console without using a remote, it ALWAYS arms in 'delay mode'.

JMac

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 01:09:34 PM »

OK - I don't use "delay", I only use "instant", but I just tried "delay" on mine.  I pushed the armed button on the console and the armed light came on steady and the console started dinging along with the security light.  After 1 minute the security light goes out and the dinging stops.  The armed light stays on.....that is completely normal.  The dinging is loud, I know, but that's not the alarm!

Sharpy

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 01:35:01 PM »

Sounds like your console behaves differently from mine. When I press the arm button on the console, I get a single 'ding and it arms.
You do the same and get 1 min of dinging and then it arms. This what I was hoping for. I wonder if there is any way of setting Instant or Delay
for the console arming button ?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:39:38 PM by Sharpy »

JMac

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 03:48:07 PM »

I don't know of any way to set it other than as described in the manual.  Will it arm delayed using a remote?

Sharpy

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 04:25:15 PM »

Yes...with the large remote, I can arm it in delay mode by setting the slide switch at the bottom to 'max'. Then it will arm in delay mode just as you described.

Sharpy

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 10:28:34 PM »

OK folks, after loads more trial and error, experimentation etc., it seems that the console arm button 'remembers' the last style of arm signal recieved. If I arm the console with the remote set to max (or 'delay') and then disarm it. The next time I try to arm it with the arm button on the console, it DOES arm in '1 minute delay' mode. If I then re-arm the console using the instant remote (keyring type) and then disarm it with the same remote, the next time I try to use the arm button on the console to arm it, it arms instantly!!  This is somewhat different to what it states in the manual ! Anybody else experienced this phenomena ?

JMac

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 10:54:31 PM »

That's interesting.  I never arm my console with its button because it's not that accessible.  Always use a remote or the icon on AHP.  Good catch, but I'll check mine out to see if it's the same.

Sharpy

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 09:52:35 AM »

Jmac, thanks for your help and support....it's what makes these forums work ! I probably wouldn't have tried so hard without somebody to answer to ! I'll be interested to see if your DS7000 does the same as mine. How long have you had it ?

JMac

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 10:09:27 AM »

No, mine always arms (from the console) in the delay mode.  Must be a glitch in your console programming.  As usual, we all do our "work arounds" with X-10!  Nice catch!
Have had mine for about a year and have had only minor problems with my setup.

Sharpy

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 03:39:33 PM »

I just spoke to the X10 support line about this issue. They were less than helpful. First insisting that the console arm button only arms instantly. Then a change of heart, (and I think a quick look at the manual) insisting that it always arms in 'delay' mode. After further discussion about my efforts to discover the truth, the young lady decided that the console 'remembered' the most recent arming method used by a remote. When I asked if she knew this for sure, because it sounded like she had gone into 'guess' mode, she just hung up. Not even a polite goodbye. I think I learned something about X10 today !!

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 04:47:04 PM »

I'm pretty sure the Arm from the console is supposed to be a consistent Arm Away Delay. If it's not, it's unlikely that this glitch is unique to just your console. What's the date code on your console? It's a 4 (maybe 5?) characters on a round white sticker on the bottom or in the battery compartment. It will tell you the year it was made. Could be X10 made a firmware change and didn't catch this change when they did.

Sharpy

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 04:57:19 PM »

Michael C, Thanks for the response. I will check my console for the date info, and report back here when I get home tonight. (I bought it from X10 last week).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:59:12 PM by Sharpy »

Sharpy

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 01:31:12 AM »

Hi Folks, me again (Sharpy)

Found a sticker inside the Battery compartment, it is  06J44 

Does this tell anybody anything ?
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.