Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyHouse Online & port 80 blocking  (Read 14040 times)

SeeImRed

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MyHouse Online & port 80 blocking
« on: April 04, 2007, 10:04:40 PM »

Everything I find indicates that MyHouse Online connection is thru port 80. This may explain why I'm not getting good results in my connection. This should not (in my professional opinion) be hard coded to use Port 80 for TCP. My ISP, as do most others, block port 80 to prevent residential customers from setting up a webserver at home on their network. The plug-in should provide for flexible configuration instead of a hardcoded point of failure with port 80. With other programs, I am able to work around this block by using a free service such as No-IP.com for port redirection with dynamic IP addressing. MyHouse Online evidently does not work with it.

Drews

Re: MyHouse Online & port 80 blocking
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 07:49:46 PM »

Everything I find indicates that MyHouse Online connection is thru port 80. This may explain why I'm not getting good results in my connection. This should not (in my professional opinion) be hard coded to use Port 80 for TCP. My ISP, as do most others, block port 80 to prevent residential customers from setting up a webserver at home on their network. The plug-in should provide for flexible configuration instead of a hardcoded point of failure with port 80. With other programs, I am able to work around this block by using a free service such as No-IP.com for port redirection with dynamic IP addressing. MyHouse Online evidently does not work with it.

I'm kind of new to this stuff. How do you set up with no-ip.com to get around the problem?

Thanks

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 07:14:23 AM »

With other programs, I am able to work around this block by using a free service such as No-IP.com for port redirection with dynamic IP addressing. MyHouse Online evidently does not work with it.

How do you set up with no-ip.com to get around the problem?

That's what SeeImRed is saying.  He can't get no-ip.com to work.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 07:20:42 AM »

My ISP, as do most others, block port 80 to prevent residential customers from setting up a webserver at home on their network.

I guess I am lucky.  My ISP, Earthlink, doesn't seem to block Myhouse.

Anyway, with Myhouse, isn't one setting up a webserver of sorts?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Drews

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 01:10:02 PM »

No-IP.com says it redirects port 80. Have you tried it and it still doesn't work?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.