Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: vanguard Install Help (tech support closed)  (Read 4874 times)

jtm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
vanguard Install Help (tech support closed)
« on: March 31, 2007, 02:10:38 PM »

Howdy.

Bought an Xcam2 w/ Vanguard and USB converter so I can monitor and/or capture video on my PC.

Camera works fine connected directly to a TV.  Installed Vanguard softwware, entered registration code. Due to sparse installation instructions I was just trying different things to get a picture. (didn't realize there were on/off switches on the tranceivers.  Duh)

So while the vanguard software was open, with no picture, I already had the USB video converter plugged into my USB port and then also plugged in the CM19A wirelss tranceiver that I later figured out is for use with motion detection.

As soon as I plugged that in I got a blue screen of death.  Rebooted, without that tranceiver plugged in.

SInce then EVERY time I try to open Vanguard I get "rundll32 has generated errors and will be closed by Windows". 

I have reinstalled the software-- same error.  I have tried to uninstall the software but apparently the log file Wise needs ain't there.  I've gone into safe mode and removed the x-10 file that has rundll32 in it and reinstalled the software, and still get the same error.

Received my new toys last night, and of course tech support is closed until Monday.  Can anyone help?

Thanks-- Jim   (sorry for the long post)

frankr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: vanguard Install Help (tech support closed)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 09:51:25 AM »

hello.

I have the same issue !!  can't seen to get any help from tech support other than to keep trying new links that don't work. Please let me know if you find out anything as I'm contemplating returning the internet monitoring portiion of this order. Ths is ridiculous.

Here is the error while I'm running indows XP home edition. I've tried to disable both Norton's and Xp security as well

AppName: rundll32.exe    AppVer: 4.90.0.3000    ModName: xvidns.dll
ModVer: 3.0.0.152    Offset: 00102791

zach1234

Re: vanguard Install Help (tech support closed)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 09:22:25 PM »

Call and get Eric Boylds email. 1 800 675 3044

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.