Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Please Help..Plug 'n Power Security System part needed.  (Read 5159 times)

sierralostboys

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Please Help..Plug 'n Power Security System part needed.
« on: April 08, 2007, 12:26:11 PM »

Greetings yall from a desperate person.

I have the Plug 'n Power Security system (49-1000) from Radio shack. My power supply has fried and when I went to Radio Shack, because it did have a part number on the back (49-1000p) and the clerk looked at me as if I had mentioned a strange uncle or cousin that the family never talks about and told me the part does not exist in their database. I invested in extra door modules when I purchased the unit last year so if I can find a replacement power supply or instructions on how to fix the one I have I would be very greatfull.

Thanks in advance any help any person can offer.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Please Help..Plug 'n Power Security System part needed.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 01:41:18 PM »

I would think that the clerk should have been able to order it from their spare parts or repair department. If memory serves me it is kind of special as it has to also pass X10 signals to the power line and receive them back. Also terminates in a small RJ phone type plug.
Before Radio Shack changed their web site. I downloaded the 41-1000 parts breakouts. The power supply was on faxback 12985. Whole part number is: AA49-1000PS-1U. Not sure if RS can get it; but in the past they have gotten me parts.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:21:08 PM by Brian H »

sierralostboys

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 07:12:43 PM »

Hi Brian,

I will attempt to take that full part number in to the radio shack again. The clerk basically told me that they did not have any more in the warehouse because Radio Shack had discontinued the sale of the security package. I was hoping that maybe the system was just a rebadged alarm system that Radio Shack just slapped their name on. Has anyone maybe seen a simular security system just so I can maybe salvage part of the system extras that I have invested in?

Thanks for the responce dude.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 07:00:49 AM »

X10 did OEM it for Radio Shack as the FCC ID# is X10s. I have not seen a similar unit in the X10 Line.
Hope that they still can parts as even if discontinued warranty service is still needed.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.