Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flakey CM15A  (Read 551 times)

Boighty

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Flakey CM15A
« on: January 27, 2024, 09:58:01 AM »

B:( B:( B:(  There.. that pretty well covers my morning.

Last night got home and noticed garage lights didn't come on. Got into house and house lights didn't come on. (these are on active eyes) and use a macro. Noticed evening lights didn't come on (a timer macro). Pretty much nothing working.
FF to this morning. I figured the usual pull/change batteries, clear, update interface, d/l config and plug it back in by the breaker box and I'd be up and running as usual.  NOT.  The CM15a can respond to a very close and limited number of devices but not even my stand alone controllers work ALL on ALL off no response.  I tried this procedure multiple times and no improvement.
I've had X10 for years and remember when you guys started this forum. Fortunately I've solved all my problems and never had major issues.
Call me crazy, but I'm thinking this is my CM15a has cratered and it's time to buy a new one. I bought this one almost 5 years ago. 
The price has almost doubled since then and this is pushing me toward expanding my KASA wifi but it's limited in what temperature the sensors work. My x10s work at -40 so tough to beat.
OK, I'm rambling... Do you think I'm correct in assuming it's the CM15a?  NOTHING changed from when it was working perfect to not working at all.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Flakey CM15A
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 12:50:21 PM »

Any phase coupler or coupler/repeater in the house?
Absolutely nothing has changed? Even moving an existing device or charger?
You can try to start toggling breakers off or disconnecting devices to see if something on a circuit has started to fail.
If you have looked at Jeff's Tutorials. They may also give you a clue.
https://jvde.us/x10-troubleshooting/

Boighty

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Flakey CM15A
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 05:04:30 PM »

Thanks Brian,
yup, the 240v is  coupled, nothing changed while I went to pick up the wife. The troubleshooting shouldn't apply but I've been through all this over the last several decades (started with BSR modules). Had similar issues and the usual routine I mentioned always got it going again. Not this time. >*<
If I buy another one, it will be at least my 3rd or maybe 4th cm15a, I've been through the good times and bad times of Activehome Pro, but this has me stumped. It's amazing how much a person relies on this thing performing correctly.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.