Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A "better Voice" for BXVC  (Read 93132 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: A "better Voice" for BXVC
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 10:48:51 AM »

...P.S. The alarm clock announcement (when created) will say:  "Get out of bed.... resistance is futile.... wake up and assimilate the day".
I like it!
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 09:40:11 PM »

...P.S. The alarm clock announcement (when created) will say:  "Get out of bed.... resistance is futile.... wake up and assimilate the day".

What makes that even better is Dave says the voice he got for Kate sounds just like Jeri Ryan (7 of 9 on Star Trek Voyager)!   :)%
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 10:18:38 PM »

What makes that even better is Dave says the voice he got for Kate sounds just like Jeri Ryan (7 of 9 on Star Trek Voyager)!   :)%

It's true! You can follow the Kate link... the click the Kate16 link to hear Kate for yourself.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

HA Dave

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 12:38:15 AM »

Things do change!

I was recently asked about how to purchase the Kate16 voice I have mentioned so often. I followed my own links... then I searched.. then I wrote (emailed) nextup.com. see below:

Hi Dave,

According to Neospeech, they have pulled them off the consumer market for a while and said no companies are currently allowed to legally sell them.  I think they are retooling them with some better copy protection or something along those lines. 

We do have AT&T Natural Voices and also we have Acapela and Nuance RealSpeak voices that work with our TextAloud product.  If you have questions or want to explain your need I'll be glad to recommend something.

Thanks,

Rick Ellis
NextUp.com
Listen and Learn Anywhere
http://www.NextUp.com

davideinmd

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 07:27:02 AM »

I couldn't find a better place for this. Move it ya wanna. I tried an idea for a bvc microphone that would use the baby monitor idea but instead of a baby monitor, I tried rigging a gmfrs radio. I was hoping that I could use that going down the road to turn on my driveway lights on. I know that the rig was working but because of the tinny crappy output (even wired direct) the voice recognizer was unable to interpret most of what I said. So if you ever get this great idea, skip it unless you test the output of the recieving radio to have great quality. I have considered the idea of using additional equipment to preamplify the output which would allow me to add richness to the voice coming through, but that seems like a lot of equipment tied up into that making it not so worth it. That siad I STILL have not figured out a way to turn on my driveway lights before I get to the driveway. Anyway, that's all for now.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 09:11:45 AM »

I used a old realistic voice activated walkie talkie headset.  Modded one of them for a line in input and a speaker input.  Now when Christina says "Good Morning" it activates the voice activation and goes through the walkie talkie and I here it and talk to her through the other one.

I didn't think it would work, but it actually works rather well.  I can walk way past my driveway and still talk to her and listen to what she has to say.  The walkie talkies have a 2 mile radius.  The only drawback is that I or whoever wears it are the only person to be able to command her.   ;) 

I don't use this system all the time though.  Just when I'm outside working.   :'    ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 11:40:57 AM »

i used the baby monitor but was not working to well as it is static. so instead I use a normal mic in the middle of the house that works well, I use a uk Lucy from  Acapala she has a very realistic sounding voice and sounds like a nanny......

HA Dave

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 05:05:57 PM »

...... I use a uk Lucy from Acapala she has a very realistic sounding voice and sounds like a nanny......

Your the first person I've heard using Lucy. I have heard of someone using Heather... both voices are from http://www.nextup.com/acapela.html. Nice to know the Acapala voices are SAPI5 (BVC) compatible. Thanks astrothug. Since for me a big part of the Voice Control is hearing notices, alerts, and warnings from the HA Computer (Kate).. having a nice voice is important. I have a couple Vista computers (my wife and use daily) and I think the free Microsoft Anna voice that comes with Vista is great. It's hard to beleive shes related to Sam.

I had tested several ways to get my voice to BVC back... well over two years ago. The only methods I tried that didn't work for me was the little CB radios and a powerline intercom that interfered with my X10. I post all info I collect.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:30:05 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.