Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VK82A hissing sound issue  (Read 14944 times)

lesterF

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VK82A hissing sound issue
« on: April 16, 2007, 09:29:24 PM »

Hello,
I emailed x10 support, but never received a reply.
I have the VK82A video sender. It is hooked up to send the video and audio from my TIVO to another TV. I have played around with the channels, and now it sends a very clear video signal, and clear audio (no cracks or static). However, there is a steady background hiss noise that I can't get rid of. I get a similar sound when I crank my stereo system all the way up and nothing is playing.
I have a 2.4 ghz phone, a wireless network, and another audio sender in the same room. I unplugged them all, and am still getting the hiss.
Has anyone experienced this?
thanks!

nathans

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: VK82A hissing sound issue
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 09:00:44 PM »

I have the same problem!
Any help from the company will help!
What type is your other Sender? Maybe I should buy this one.

lesterF

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:24:46 PM »

My sender and receiver are about 30 feet apart, with two doors in between them. The sender is placed very low to the ground (because of my low TV stand), and the receiver is placed near the ceiling in the other room (on top of a wall mounted TV). I have tried to point the dish antennas directly towards each other.
I am going to try a different source (other than TIVO) to see if it's the source that's causing the hissing. The receiver is plugged into a DVR, which is in turn connected to the TV, I'll try a direct connection to the TV to see if that helps. I will report back.
My other sender is only an audio sender. It's the RCA lyra wireless system and it works great.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 11:30:03 PM »

Hisses and hummm's are generally a lack of signal. Hooking directly to the TV may help. Also check your cables... a bad (RCA audio) cable could be your problem.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

lesterF

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 11:53:17 AM »

Well, I tried to troubleshoot, but still have the same problem. Here's what I tried:
1. Different RCA cables for sender and receiver.
2. Tried using the Coaxial cable on the receiver instead of RCA. This actually made the hissing noise worse.
3. Tried connecting the receiver directly to the TV (instead of through the VCR).
4. Tried another source (boombox) on the sender (instead of TIVO box).

Seems like it's either a faulty product, or this is the level of "quality" for these devices no matter what.

Does any one have any other suggestions?

thanks.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.