Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: macro light and camera question  (Read 4336 times)

mikemurphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
macro light and camera question
« on: April 17, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »

I'm confused about some of this.  I have AHP and Vanguard.  I am using 2 house codes in AHP: M for my 4 cameras; and C for my lights and doorbell chime.  I have more codes set to C but my monitored house code is set to M.  In AHP under Tools->Hardware Configuration both C and M are set as Tranceived House Codes.  In Vanguard I have one of my cameras set to take still shots when motion is detected on one of my motion detectors.  I also have a macro in AHP set to that same motion detector to turn on the porch light and ring my doorbell chime.  Everything works ok except that the still shots are not getting taken.  I've tried turning the camera on from the macro but that doesn't help either.  My question, besides the pictures not getting saved, is the relationship between Vanguard and AHP.  In Vanguard I have the motion sensor set to record the still shots when motion is detected.  Do I even need to use Vanguard to make this happen?   Any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Mike

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: macro light and camera question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 01:06:20 PM »

Without the Video Plug-in (iWatchout) for AHP you'll need something (Vanguard) to actually take and store the pictures!
If you have the video plug-in you can file the Vanguard software! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mikemurphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 02:10:41 PM »

Tuiceman,
Thanks alot for the response.  In AHP I am able to view my cameras and to take stills, snapshots and videos.  I do have the iWitness plugin.  I can find no reference in AHP to iWatchout.  But based on my forum search iWatchout seems to now be iWitness.  In vanguard I have the ability to tie a motion detector to a camera and turn that motion detector on.  In the iWitness plug-in I can not find a way to do that. So I assume that I'll have to handle all of that with macros.  And, of course, that is what I can't make work properly.

So in summary, I don't need Vanguard at all since I have the iWitness plug-in.  And I should be able to make my macro turn on the light, the doorbell chime and turn on the camera and take still shots for some time frame and then turn everything off.  Is that all true?

thanks again,
Mike

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 11:16:31 PM »

So in summary, I don't need Vanguard at all since I have the iWitness plug-in.  And I should be able to make my macro turn on the light, the doorbell chime and turn on the camera and take still shots for some time frame and then turn everything off.  Is that all true?

I'm not familiar with Vanguard,But you should be able to do what you want with iWitness(iWatchout) and macros better if you have the SmartMacro plug-in as well! ;) If you post exactly what you'd like to do or are having problems with I'm sure someone here will be glad to help you if I can't! ;) :D ;D Even supply a sample macro screen shot to help you get started!
You can tie a motion detector to a cam and have it trigger the cam to come on take stills for a period of time then turn off.  You do this with a macro, But You can't talk to a motion sensor as it only sends info It doesn't receive!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.