Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: macro calling another macro  (Read 4071 times)

mikemurphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
macro calling another macro
« on: April 20, 2007, 02:16:06 PM »

I'm having some trouble with macros.  I'm using AHP and I'm trying to create a macro that detects motion and turns on the porch light for 1 minute, rings the chime, takes stills for 15 seconds (one every second) and ftp's the stills to my server.  I've been thru many interations of this and encountered many problems and this is where I am now.  I've ran into the problem where the stills will only take 1 or 2 and has problems ftp'ing the files.  I also didn't want the macro to run the full 1 minute to wait and turn the light off.  So my thought is to put the light code in another macro and just call it from the motion activated macro.  I also want to do something similar with the snapshots.  Both of those macros work fine when run them by clicking them in AHP.  I need to know how to call them from the motion macro.

I'm using AHP 3.204, with iWitness, SmartMacros and myHouse.

thanks,
Mike

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
Re: macro calling another macro
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:50:13 PM »

I do this by triggering or checking phantom modules.

AHP checks the status of several phantom modules and then these phantom modules are the triggers for other macros.

Example:
I have a day/night phantom module.
I have a at home/not at home module.
and a few others

My main motion sensing macro checks to see if it's day/night and turns on lights if needed.
It also checks to see if I am home or not home.
If I am not home it starts snapping stills and then emails the stills to me.
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.