Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very quick X10 questions  (Read 2738 times)

oliverseal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Very quick X10 questions
« on: April 22, 2007, 06:34:30 AM »

I want to replace all my light switches with x10 switches. I want a basic on/off for all of them, I don't need or want dimming. I'll be using them to turn on/off everything from Flourescent lights to ceiling fans to incandescent lights.
I can't use dimmer switches (WS467) for the flourescent lights or the fan, so does a light switch without a dimmer exist?

The contingency here is that they have to have addresses. Rather, I'll be controlling them all via a CM15A connected to a PC and I want each one to have an individual address I talk to, not just something that only listens to the "all lights on" command.

I've been eager to do this for a little while. I have the funds and time now, but can't seem to find the module I want -- if it exists.

(Edit: Can an XPS3 module have an address assigned to it?)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:58:14 AM by oliverseal »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Very quick X10 questions
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 09:24:55 AM »

Yes the XPS3 has a House and Unit Code setting dials and uses an X10 Address. One side note to keep in mind. They need a Neutral Power wire in the switch box along with the load and hot wires. They can be also controlled by a companion switch if the old switches where in a three way setup.
I believe you can still find the Users Sheets on the X10Pro web site. http://www.x10pro.com/

oliverseal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Very quick X10 questions
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 06:03:11 PM »

Very helpful. Thank you very much.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.