Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time [2007]  (Read 62311 times)

bill heink

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Daylight Savings Time [2007]
« on: March 12, 2007, 12:26:44 PM »

Is anyone but me having a problem with my Active Home SW not updating for this year's early Daylight Savings Time transition?

I have a CM15A system, and was sure in the past it had automatically transitioned, especially the dawn and dusk times when DST occured.

Or am I alone out here?

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Daylight Savings Time [2007]
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:01:01 PM »

How do you update XP to the new time change? Thanks

Tcj

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 09:47:29 PM »

Tcj

See this site at Microsoft Support: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 10:38:15 PM »

Do you have the Microsoft patch for the DST change and is the CM15A connected to the PC?

If so, the CM15A will get its time from the PC, you do need to clear its memory and reload all timers and macros to have them work at the appointed times.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

icepick

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 11:30:16 PM »

For those of us that still use a Win98SE, WinME, or Win2000 operating system, will need to apply a patch for the new DST dates for ActiveHome Pro to work properly. Since Microsoft does not support these operating systems any longer, you can go to: http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/02/windows-98-me-dst-patch.html to download the patch.  It is a small patch that installs in seconds and works GREAT! Follow the prompts and instructions, and don't forget to update ActiveHome.
I did it last night and it now works great again.  It shows DST starting March 11, with the correct times.  No thanks to Microsoft, but a million thanks to IntelliAdmin for developing the patch.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:01:10 PM by icepick »

mikeywebs

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 07:54:15 PM »

I have a VERY strange situation, and I would like some options to resolve it!

First, I do NOT download timers/macros into the interface; rather, it's hooked to a computer that's always on.

Second, the daylight savings time settings and updates were applied from Microsoft, and the time changed appropriately on Sunday.  Likewise, Activehomepro also shows the correct time, and looking at the Hardware configuration, it shows that the timezone is correct as Eastern Daylight Time with the correct time, etc.

Finally, the timers are showing the correct time that they should come on.  BUT...  they are all coming on one hour early.  I have deleted interface memory, restarted the computer, tried to reset the timer times, but they still come on one hour early.

I don't see how this can happen when the time it says it will come on is correct and the time in the program is correct, but it is.  In fact, I'm looking at my outside lights and they are on, and it's 7:43.  They are not supposed to come on until 8:13, but they're on.

Any ideas?  This is annoying!

HELP!

Mike

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 11:01:21 PM »

Best suggestion I can give is to delete all the timers and reconstruct them.  Then clear the interface and reload all timers and macros.  Secondly, make sure Windows shows times in AM and PM, not 24 hour time.

Joel B Crabtree

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 08:27:59 AM »

I am also having the same issue with timers.  I use the dawn and dusk functions. As of last Sunday morning the lights go off an hour early in the morning and come on an hour early at night. I feel that deleting and recreating the macros is not a valid solution.  The software should be changed to work properly in any time zone whether we are on or off DST. I have noticed that Time Zone: GMT setting on the Hardware Interface Configuration page is not set properly for todays date. I am in the Eastern Time Zone so as of last Sunday morning I should be GMT -4:00 or it should be GMT -5:00 DST .

Right now the software is running correctly for the GMT setting. The over all issue is how the GMT setting is interpreted in the software.

I am a Tech. Mgr. on several large IBM computer systems. When DST goes on or off I have to change the GMT offset to the appropriate setting. If it is not set properly, for an example, e-mails will be received with a time of an hour before they were sent or not be sent/received for an hour.

I have been satisfactorily running this software for many years and have not had any problems with it up to this point. It should not be the responsibility of the user to make changes in their personal settings for the software to work correctly.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 07:53:36 PM »

Did you clear the interface on Sunday and reload alltimers and macros? The CM15 gets its time from Windows. DST is DST and is not depended on GMT as time zones are.

If you are in the Eastern Time Zone then the Hardware Configuration will report it as GMT -0400. As it was said in the Wizard of Oz, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 09:36:33 PM »

Tcj

See this site at Microsoft Support: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst

Hi Bill had to give ya a point for that one!! boy yours are really adding up! Thanks Say I know I should probably know this but how do you know if you have service pack 2 installed. Thanks Bill!!

Tom

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 11:17:19 PM »

Thanks Tom, it's always nice to feel appreciated!

If you right-click on "My Computer" (on either the desktop or start menu) and then left-click "Properties" in the drop-down menu that should have popped up, it should tell you about your Windows version.  If you have Service Pack 2 installed, it will explicitly state "Service Pack 2" right below the XP version information under the heading "System:"

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 11:49:49 PM »

I use win xp and have the cm-15 connected all the time, did not have a problem with dst.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 05:23:12 PM »

Likewise.

As soon as the Microsoft DST patch was applied to WindowsXP, the Hardware Configuration showed the time changes correctly, all my timers ran at the scheduled times.

david_l

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 12:07:42 AM »

My CM15 was an hour off today.
Is today the day DST used to kick in?

Plugged it into the computer, cleared memory, and redownloaded.  Hopefully that will take care of it (for now).

Wonder if they will update the thing so DST actually works without intervention.

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 01:01:01 AM »

I did run into a problem today with certain devices which were pre-programned with daylight savings time.  I have several clocks which are set at the factory, and just need an user to set the time zone and date, These devices did not advance with the new daylight savings time, so I had to bump them up an hour, now they are reading an hour fast.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.