Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time [2007]  (Read 62323 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Daylight Savings Time [2007]
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 05:44:33 AM »

My CM15A is an hour fast now too.   :'(

It seems it "adjusted" automatically, to the old DST rules this weekend.   

I had to plug it into my PC, and run AHP, to re-adjust it back to the correct time.   >:(
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 05:46:26 AM »

My CM15 was an hour off today.
Is today the day DST used to kick in?

Plugged it into the computer, cleared memory, and redownloaded.  Hopefully that will take care of it (for now).

Wonder if they will update the thing so DST actually works without intervention.

Yep, same here.    :'(     

I did the same fix too.

I am real disappointed that X10 hasn't issued an update for this, before this weekend!    >:(
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 07:01:46 AM »

Yes one of my VCRs did the samething. I reset it on the new data and forgot to set DST off. ::)

whsbuss

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 07:29:56 AM »

Based on no-fix from X10 on this issue, you will have to re-connect on the last Sunday in October to download your setting to be in-sync with the extra week of DST. So it will require a connect/download 4-times a year.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 07:40:10 AM »

So it will require a connect/download 4-times a year.

Unfortunately, there are few if any reminders about correcting clocks which incorrectly continue to change by 1 hour as per the old, obsolete, rules.  I mean, neither the newspaper nor radio nor TV reminded people to verify they clocks did NOT change this past weekend.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 08:13:39 AM »

Since my Hardware Configuration shows both the beginning and end of DST correctly, I suspect on November 3 my timers will revert to Eastern Standard Time. AHP and the CM15A did not jump an hour ahead when the old DST date passed.

STOP WORRYING!!!!   It's a non-issue.  The CM15 gets it's time from Windows
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

jrubenstein

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 08:33:34 AM »

My CM15 was off by an hour also, starting yesterday.  I do not leave it connected to my computer, so I don't expect it to continuously get its time from Windows.  Over the past years, it always took care of Daylight Savings Time adjustments by itself.  But on 3/11/07 I had to fix it manually (connect it to the PC and set its clock).  Then yesterday it moved ahead an hour by itself ... obviously thinking DST started the first Sunday in April like the good old days.

So while it may work correctly if you leave it connected to the PC all the time, it does not work correctly if you leave it alone to do its thing by itself.  That may be why some think it works OK, and some (like me) are annoyed that we will have to make manual adjustments now four times/year.

I'm also hoping AHP comes up with a fix.  And I'll be interested if anybody sees it working correctly without being connected to a PC all the time.  (And if so, what version are you running?)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 08:42:53 AM »

STOP WORRYING!!!!   It's a non-issue.  The CM15 gets it's time from Windows

Exactly how does the CM15 get its time from Windows? 

My PC is located in a different part of the house, and is powered-off except when in use. 

I will stop worrying when you can convince me that my CM15 will still continue get the correct time, because this weekend,  IT DID NOT.

jrubenstein

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 08:47:15 AM »

Oh ... and in case anybody's wondering ... I did clear the memory and download all macros and timers after March 11, 2007.  So if it was supposed to learn from Windows when DST now starts and ends, it didn't.  It still moved its time ahead an hour yesterday.

david_l

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 09:32:45 AM »

STOP WORRYING!!!!

???
I had to plug the thing in twice because of the early DST change.  I'm not worried, just annoyed.

robkwil61

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 10:11:02 AM »

Yah, just when my CM11 started being correct (I never changed it), the CM15 is now off. 

Obviously the CM15 has some built in DST programming that X10 did not bother to patch.

murphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 04:31:56 PM »

My computer was updated and made the DST switch on March 11 just like it was supposed to.
The CM15A interface was downloaded with the new data after the computer was updated and prior to March 11.
The CM15A runs 100% of the time (except for downloads) disconnected from the computer.
On the morning of March 11 the timers fired 1 hour late.
I connected the CM15A to the computer and downloaded again.
The timers worked correctly from March 12 to March 31.
On April 1 the timers fired 1 hour early.
I connected the CM15A to the computer and downloaded again.
The timers are again working correctly.
It appears that the CM15A has the DST rules coded in firmware and can't be fixed without replacing all of the CM15As.
There is virtually no chance that will ever happen.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 04:39:01 PM »

It's been posted here several times that the CM15A's firmware does not have Daylight Savings Time Dates hard coded/.

Did you bother to get the Microsoft patches for WindowsXP?  The CM15 gets its time from Windows.

Something else is going on in your house, or you are running Windows 98 or ME. There is no DST upgrade for those O/S, but it's not automatic, it allows one to manually edit the time changes.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

jrubenstein

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 05:16:18 PM »

My results were exactly the same as Murphy's.  The CM15A definitely does adjust its own time for DST, but it's using the DST date rules as they were before 2007.  It does it by itself, without being connected to a PC.  I've seen it happen several times over several years.  I don't know if the dates are actually "hard coded", or if they can be changed by a download from Windows.  But, like Murphy, I did a download (after clearing the memory) before March 11, and then again after March 11 to fix the time (which was off by an hour).  But it is currently still using the old changeover dates, and not the new (2007) ones.  I definitely am - and have been - using the latest greatest update of Windows XP.  My Windows XP changed its own time correctly on March 11, and not on April 1.  Perhaps the intention was for the CM15A to get its DST changeover dates from Windows, but that code has a bug or two in it.

It would be great to hear a real answer from somebody at AHP.

robkwil61

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 05:42:53 PM »

It's been posted here several times that the CM15A's firmware does not have Daylight Savings Time Dates hard coded/.

Then can you explain the results many of us saw on Sunday?  CM15 not connected to PC, yet programmed objects coming on an hour earlier?  And yes, I too cleared memory before 3/11 and installed the XP DST patch before downloading the timers again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.