Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Camera White Out  (Read 52951 times)

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: Camera White Out
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 01:30:06 PM »

The old working camera is a model XX11A made up of a XC10A camera and XM10A power supply.  Date code 00L49.

The new non-working camera is model XX16A made up of a XC22A camera and XM16A power supply.  Date code 07D18.

jflynn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 01:10:11 PM »

I'm having the same problem with one of my cameras.  Bought a pack of 4, only one doesn't want to work correctly.  I was planning on spending a bit of time messing with it today, I'll post back if I figure it out.

Don N

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 06:01:53 PM »

jflynn -- There is more information posted about this problem on another X10 topic at http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=14163.0

You can see the two different images that I've posted there.  KDR suggested trying some filters.  I went to the local camera shop, but he didn't have any filters small enough. 

What are the model numbers and date codes on your working and non-working cameras?

jflynn

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 12:23:52 PM »

the camera I'm having issues with is a XC18A.  Date code 07I36 (if it is the whie sticker).  If I hold my hand close to the lens, it clears up with a nice picture of my palm.  If I remove my hand and allow more light to get to it, it whites out......... argh!

Don N

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 05:51:09 PM »

jflynn -- Have you resolved the issue with your XC18A camera? 

I sent my cameras back (second time) and received three more cameras.  These cameras also have the same white-out issue.  So that's nine cameras I've received that have the same image problem.  Again, I will send these back and request replacements.  Sooner or later (odds are getting in my favor) I should receive working cameras.

Has anyone recently received working wireless X10 cameras?  If so, let me know which ones you received so that I can order that same camera.  The XX16A cameras don't work based upon my sampling ... 9 out of 9 failures. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 06:11:20 PM by Don N »

jflynn

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 04:10:23 PM »

X10 finally sent me an RMA # so i shipped it back today............ I can lnoy hope to get a working camera.  The reason X10 gave was broken auto adjust iris.

Don N

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 06:55:45 PM »

UPDATE   I was able to talk to a Supervisor at the X10 Tech Department prior to sending the last three cameras back.  After I explained the situation, the Supervisor had me send the cameras directly to Renton.  In Renton, the cameras were tested and found to be defective.  X10 in Renton is acquiring new cameras, from both their warehouses in Nevada and New Jersey.  The date codes will be checked to ensure they are different from my cameras  Once Renton receives the new cameras, they will be tested.  If the cameras are O.K., Renton will send me the new cameras.

In my opinion, X10 has been very cooperative in helping me solve this problem once a Supervisor got involved.  It's unfortunate that it's taken so long before a Supervisor would get involved.  More info. later.

jelester

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 08:18:14 PM »

I to have had the same problem with camera white out.  I have sent back three of the cameras and the replacements do the same thing.  I have ten
cameras and the old ones are working ok.   X10 has a problem.  I have now five cameras that are useless.  I am going to call x10 one more time
and see if they admit to the problem.
Jerry

blown99bergerssclo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »

please tell me they are working now. i just spent alot of money on security and surv. products from x10 and i am waiting to recieve them. i hope i dont have the same problems!

jflynn

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 11:16:36 AM »

Don,

HOw long did it take to get new cameras once you sent them back with an RMA?  It's been 17 days for me and I've heard absolutly nothing.  thanks..

Don N

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »

jflynn -- It took almost three weeks before I received the first replacements.  Apparently, X10 waits 10 business days before they refill the order after receiving an RMA.  The second time I received the cameras in about a week.  That was because I complained.  It's now the third time ... and I still haven't received new cameras.  And it's been two weeks.  As I stated earlier, X10 is apparently testing new cameras for me.  It's beginning to "feel" like X10 is having some major problems with their cameras.

jflynn

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 11:40:44 AM »

Well it would be nice if they actualy tested ALL of the cameras before they shipped them out.  Have they never heard of QA?  I'll keep ya posted on the outcome of my situation.........

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 08:04:09 PM »

I started this thread back in April of last year and have been "off the air" for months due to a move...can't believe it's still going! Some folks have e-mailed me about this and I see folks like Don have asked if I solved the problem (sorry for no reply, but I am just now seeing this.) My final solution was simple: I returned all the cameras (2 mailings of 4) for a refund. I reported to X10 of the "white out" problem, but, as noted here, they just wrote it off and told me they had no reports of this. Hopefully, the new mailings to you guys will be ok. We'll all be waiting to see how these work.

Don N

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 08:18:21 PM »

I received new cameras today.  Early testing of the cameras, in my environment, is very promising.  I will do more testing this weekend and give a detailed report of what transpired.  Stay tuned.

jflynn

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 11:01:43 AM »

that is good news.  I only hope it works the same for me when I get mine back.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.