Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Camera White Out  (Read 52941 times)

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: Camera White Out
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 11:33:58 AM »

No more "white-out" problem.  The solution was to replace my old VR31A 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio/Video Receiver with a new VR42A 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio/Video Receiver.  With the new Receiver both old (XX11A) and new (XX18A) cameras work fine.  If I revert back and use my old Receiver the old cameras work fine, but the new cameras exhibit the "white-out" condition.

X10 (the Company) was unable to offer an explanation on why the XX18A camera image is washed out with the old Receiver.  X10 has said, I was "the only customer who has contacted them with this specific problem."

jelester and jflynn  -- if you find that you have the old VR31A receiver and your new cameras have "white-out", the Receiver could be the problem.  Contact X10 and tell them your symptoms.     

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 12:38:02 PM »

No more "white-out" problem.  The solution was to replace my old VR31A 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio/Video Receiver with a new VR42A 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio/Video Receiver.  With the new Receiver both old (XX11A) and new (XX18A) cameras work fine.  If I revert back and use my old Receiver the old cameras work fine, but the new cameras exhibit the "white-out" condition.

X10 (the Company) was unable to offer an explanation on why the XX18A camera image is washed out with the old Receiver...
Thanks for sharing your problem solution.

One of the best things X10 has ever done is set up this forum. It has allowed users like yourself and others to form the largest beta test and discovery resource for the home automation field. There are a lot of us that have been using X10 products since the BSR days. (I still have my BSR timer.) Users here have discovered undocumented hardware changes as well as clever solutions and work arounds.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 12:18:21 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

jflynn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 10:59:41 AM »

I got an email that said my camera had finally shipped....... cmon baby, work this time.......

Don, do you have a Work Order # that we may reference if that is the case?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 11:01:58 AM by jflynn »

jflynn

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 04:30:43 PM »

Holy crap it actually worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2008, 05:01:21 PM »

jflynn --  Glad to hear that the cameras are working.  Out of curiosity, what wireless receiver are you using.

jflynn

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 10:29:36 AM »

I didn't check, I'll get back with that answer though.

jelester

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 08:13:29 AM »

I am glad a answer was found to the camera white out.  It is funny that the only fix is to buy another receiver VR42A.  I could never get
a supervispor or anyone else to admit there was a problem.  Oh well I just spent another $50.00 on a new receiver and I hope it cures the white out.
It sure is curious that now maybe everyone will have to spend some more money to fix a problem that was created by x10.
Jelester

GeorgiaNiteowl

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 07:58:13 PM »

X10 (the Company) was unable to offer an explanation on why the XX18A camera image is washed out with the old Receiver.  X10 has said, I was "the only customer who has contacted them with this specific problem."

jelester and jflynn  -- if you find that you have the old VR31A receiver and your new cameras have "white-out", the Receiver could be the problem.  Contact X10 and tell them your symptoms.     

Don, so glad that you posted this.  We are having the same problem with white-out when we tried to add a new XX22A nightwatch camera to Vanguard using either a VR31A or VR36A receiver.  It wasn't the new camera because it worked well when used with with our TV & the VR36A receiver.  So Tech Support suggested that we buy & try the VR42A.  Will post back with the results after we receive the VR42A.   

cyclonex10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 11:32:47 PM »

I just receive a XX20A camera have the same problem with the picture being washed out, during the day, but picture is better in the lower light. I read in this thread that a VR42A receiver helps, but I have not been able to locate this on the X10 or ebay website.

Can anyone provide a link?

Thanks

GeorgiaNiteowl

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2008, 10:48:19 PM »

Don, so glad that you posted this.  We are having the same problem with white-out when we tried to add a new XX22A nightwatch camera to Vanguard using either a VR31A or VR36A receiver.  It wasn't the new camera because it worked well when used with with our TV & the VR36A receiver.  So Tech Support suggested that we buy & try the VR42A.  Will post back with the results after we receive the VR42A.   

The VR42A corrected our white-out problem with the XX22A Nitewatch camera & Vanguard ICC.  We were told by Tech that VR42A was a new X10 receiver & could be ordered by calling them.  We did not find a way to order it online.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.