Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Icon Remote IR10A Bug?? and Solution  (Read 12889 times)

cactusjack

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • Cactus Jack
Icon Remote IR10A Bug?? and Solution
« on: April 25, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »

I love my new ICON Remote. I have actually put away all other individual remotes.

Just after about 24 hours interrmittently programming the new remote, I decided I had to replace my Directv HR10-250 with the new HR20-100. This was necessary to receive local HD channels and to get ready for the promised new MPEG4 channels. That meant reprogramming the SAT mode of the remote for the new HR20-100 which of course uses different codes than the HR10-250. So I deleted the setup for the older unit and reprogrammed for the new unit. This causes a lot of reprogramming, especially the Icons for which I had entered about 36. I left the other modes as they were.

Lo and behold the remote worked perfectly for the new unit HOWEVER the unit would not respond to the Icons. After a lot of unsucessful tinkering, I decided to take the heroic step of doing a complete reset to factory conditions and then reentering all my icons, soft keys and learned keys and macros. This worked like a champ after I completely recustomized. which is a bit of work.

One suggestion, if you have to do something like this, write down all the changes and assignments you have made to keys, soft key assignments and icon directory to make the total reprogramming much easier.
Cactus Jack

bbrick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Icon Remote IR10A Bug?? and Solution
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 08:57:01 PM »

You're lucky, my HD20-600 doesn't even know the Icon is there.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.