Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CMA15 Will Not Turn Leviton Switches On  (Read 3340 times)

mimport

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CMA15 Will Not Turn Leviton Switches On
« on: April 26, 2007, 09:12:42 PM »

At least a year ago, I installed Active Home Pro (AHP) software from X-10 with an X-10 CM15A interface and have installed the latest updates to the software.  The modules in the home are a mixture of X-10 brand switches, lamp, and appliance modules plus X-10 compatible Leviton HCM06-1SW (Smarthome part #2209 WI) dimmer switches and other X-10 compatible Smarthome branded switches.  There is a Leviton HCA02 amp-coupler properly installed at the service panel. 

I can perfectly control every module manually from the AHP user interface.  When the CM15A takes over, whether AHP is loaded on the desktop or it’s closed, the CM15A properly controls every X-10 brand module, turning the controlled device both on and off.  However, the Leviton and Smarthome branded switches are only being turned off, but not on, by the CM15A.  Signal strength has been tested throughout the house and it’s fine, always at the top of the scale.  The signals are being sent, they are just not switching the Leviton on, just off.  The CM15A is set to transceive all of the house codes (only I and J) that I’m using.  The X-10 RF remote control works perfectly with all of the switches, both X-10 and Leviton. 

I suspect either some incompatibility with Leviton and Smarthome switches, an improper set-up of the switches themselves, or an improper selection of the module type within the AHP software as the Leviton switch models that I’m using are not listed.  I have bought just about every model of Leviton and Smarthome switches that are available, and most of them present the same or similar problems.

Has anyone out there seen a similar situation?  Do you have any suggestions?  I have been wasting tons of hours experimenting with this, trying to figure it out and I don’t know what else to try. 

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: CMA15 Will Not Turn Leviton Switches On
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 06:08:51 AM »

... or an improper selection of the module type within the AHP software as the Leviton switch models that I’m using are not listed.  I have bought just about every model of Leviton and Smarthome switches that are available, and most of them present the same or similar problems.

Has anyone out there seen a similar situation?  Do you have any suggestions?  I have been wasting tons of hours experimenting with this, trying to figure it out and I don’t know what else to try. 

What module type do you have them selected as, in AHP?

If not, I would think that trying them as 2-way lamp modules might be best, since these make use of the extended X10 commands.    If that doesn't work, try setting up macros, which make use of the manually programmed extended X10 commands.  The user guides for these modules should, hopefully, give you the details they require for their extended X10 commands, including those for configurations options.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

mimport

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: CMA15 Will Not Turn Leviton Switches On
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:03:35 PM »

Both suggestions worked fine.  Thanks, Walt2.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.