Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tracking Down an Unwanted ALL LIGHTS ON Cmd: Any Help or Ideas Appreciated  (Read 9301 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10

...Is there anything else happening at that time (coffee maker, electric alarm clock, etc) that could be generating the RF noise?...
Noam has a good point here. Get yourself a small note pad and write down every switch you, your timers, or anything else that changes state from OFF to ON or vice versa. Then use that as a test list to try and recreate the problem.
Again I'm betting you find the problem inside your house.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tom G.

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Just wanted to update everyone. I have a fix that seems to cure the problem. I placed a noise filter on the new furnace and I am not seeing the random all on or any other lamps turn on so far. Seems like it was power line interference from the furnace/air cleaner and not RF after all.

Tom G.

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.

Great to hear!  Thank you for the update.

ArtClark

Very happy to get that update.  I'm sure that something was timered in the furnace that produced it at the specific time you were seeing.  I'm  putting this one in my little notes folder seeing as I would have expected the electrostatic to produce more RF than line noise.  Allways very happy to be proven wrong, because that's how I learn.

Again, Thanks for the update.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.