Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: System Can Be Easily Bypassed  (Read 8607 times)

p2459

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
System Can Be Easily Bypassed
« on: November 03, 2006, 09:29:54 PM »

Anyone can easily bypass the system by jamming the sensors using a NONPROGRAMMED
remote, and several others have tested and confirmed it as well. However, X10 seems to
still be in denial about it, and is unwilling to correct this serious security flaw.

The first 2 threads under heading "Home Security" General discuss the problem in more
detail.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: System Can Be Easily Bypassed
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »

Many systems can be jammed(bypassed)
If someone wants in bad enought they'll find away! :'( ;)
Thanks to X10dispatch and X10dispatcher this can be detected somewhat!
If/when X10 adds security code to the AHP SDK then flood detection will be more solid! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 02:26:49 PM »

IMHO, this was pretty much thoroughly covered (or beat-to-death depending on your perspective) and even got a response from X10 VP Dave Rye in: Can others disable my system?  (Read 11488 times)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 07:49:49 AM »

Yes, that is very true. 

That is why one should never, ever, 'help' a potential thief by posting a sign up front of their house telling the thief the brand and type of security system they are using. 

For example, if you post a sign saying "My house is protected by an X10 security system", the thief can easily refer to the "How to defeat an X10 security system" chapter in their "House Robbery for Dummies" handbook.

In other words, keep the thief guessing.  If they feel unsure, possibly they will just pass your house up.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 09:02:40 PM »

Yes, that is very true. 

That is why one should never, ever, 'help' a potential thief by posting a sign up front of their house telling the thief the brand and type of security system they are using. 

For example, if you post a sign saying "My house is protected by an X10 security system", the thief can easily refer to the "How to defeat an X10 security system" chapter in their "House Robbery for Dummies" handbook.

In other words, keep the thief guessing.  If they feel unsure, possibly they will just pass your house up.

Yep, Yep Ditto t that I agree but I also agree with Take The Active x10 needs to try to get ahead of this problem and stop making excuses, and if these scum bags think they will have to jump through enough hoops you can keep them out. I know they would have broken in my house again if they thought they could get away with it but with all the automation I have flashing lights multiple sirens etc I just think they had enough! it's been three years now and not even a hint of an attempt.

Tom j

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.