Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need help setting up a macro sequence.  (Read 6289 times)

rms59

• Helpful Post Rating: 15
Need help setting up a macro sequence.
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:50:19 AM »

Not sure if this can be done, but here goes.

I have a set of drapes that are on an appliance module set to E7.
I have a powerflash also connected to E7 to close the drapes if it senses heat rise.
I have a ceiling fan connected to E6

I can control the drapes and fan separately (via the different module codes)

However, when the powerflash acitvated E7 I want it to also activate the fan E6.

I made a macro called E10 and added both E7 and E6 on it but it wont turn on the fan......

Am I doing this right?

Dick

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Need help setting up a macro sequence.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 12:16:41 PM »

How are you triggering the E10 macro?

It might work better for the powerflash to send an "E10 ON" signal. Create a dummy modual for E10 and the powerflash should then trigger the E10 macro turning on the fan and closing the drapes.

There has been a very good discussion recently on automating drapes you might want to search the forum for it. The poster has promised pictures of his setup soon.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 02:13:38 PM »

...There has been a very good discussion recently on automating drapes you might want to search the forum for it. The poster has promised pictures of his setup soon.

You've *GOT* to be kidding!  ;D
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 02:17:11 PM »

Not sure if this can be done, but here goes.

I have a set of drapes that are on an appliance module set to E7.
I have a powerflash also connected to E7 to close the drapes if it senses heat rise.
I have a ceiling fan connected to E6

I can control the drapes and fan separately (via the different module codes)

However, when the powerflash acitvated E7 I want it to also activate the fan E6.

I made a macro called E10 and added both E7 and E6 on it but it wont turn on the fan......

Am I doing this right?

Dick
Based on the description of your setup, It sounds like the PowerFlash is still sending an "E7 On" instead of an "E10 On". Make that change, and then create the macro to trigger with "E10 On".
When creating the "E10 On" macro, put a delay between the two commands you are trying to send (a 0-second delay should be enough).

rms59

• Helpful Post Rating: 15
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 05:22:26 PM »

How are you triggering the E10 macro?

It might work better for the powerflash to send an "E10 ON" signal. Create a dummy modual for E10 and the powerflash should then trigger the E10 macro turning on the fan and closing the drapes.

There has been a very good discussion recently on automating drapes you might want to search the forum for it. The poster has promised pictures of his setup soon.

Hi Stephen. I'm the guy in that other drape controller thread.  ;D I need a few more days to compile the photos but I will.

Thanks to all for the help. I found that my macros were ok, but I had the physical dial set wrong on the powerflash. Now it works perfect. The drapes close when the room goes up to 78 degrees, and the ceiling fan turns on. I have a 20 foot wall of windows and 19 feet of drapes and since I'm on the south side it gets warm.  I always closed the drapes but sometimes I was out and forgot. Now, its automatic.

Dick

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 10:38:41 PM »

... I'm the guy in that other drape controller thread....
I thought your name looked familiar.

...I found that my macros were ok, but I had the physical dial set wrong on the powerflash....
Hmm... Pilot error... Murphy loves that trick. I copied a macro almost verbatim for an else condition in my shutdown macro. Turns out I put in an "All Lights On" instead of an "All Units Off", however. I had a heck of a time figuring out why the lights were coming on since I was sure I had copied it line for line.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.