Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available [2 of 3]  (Read 7587 times)

loma

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available [2 of 3]
« on: March 28, 2006, 02:37:13 PM »

X10

I am getting the following quite often:

Video connecting...
Video closed

Why?

Loma

AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available [1 of 3]

Re: AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available [3 of 3]

[TTA Edit: Experiment to determine whether or not SPLITTING 'Highly-Viewed' / 'Highly-Replied' but currently INACTIVE threads from LONG, LONG AGO (I'm starting with ~2 years) into parts will allow current ACTIVE threads to appear in the Top 10 Topics (by Replies) section of the Statistics Center (aka More Stats) Page.

NOTE: I *WILL* address the <BR> problem...]
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:15:18 PM by TakeTheActive »

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 05:34:01 PM »

It could have something to do with some of the stability changes we made -- probably a messaging problem, rather than a data problem. I'll find out.

len

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 09:55:56 PM »

X10 thanks for the reply.  Yes under pull down menu at the top "view" scroll down to "live video" nothing happens at all.  In rooms view the"on air" icon to view the camera at F5. when i click "on air" I get the "active hm invalid..." etc message and the programs shuts down!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 10:06:35 PM by len »

Wetcoaster

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 05:51:38 PM »

Just updated to 3.203.  iWitness now will record video from a macro but does one of the following two thing.

1. records about 35 seconds of video instead of the 2 minutes the macro is set to record.
2. about 80% of the time it starts to record video, and gets the infamous "The Application Active Home Pro has encountered an error and needs to close.  And asks if you want to send info to Microsoft.

Running Windows XP Pro, all updates applied.  On a 1.0 GHz P3 with 512 MB memory.  Nothing else running, dedicated to home automation.  Active Home Pro, iWitness, Smart Macros and My House.

If I switch the macro to record stills at a 2 second interval, I get stills at intervals ranging from 2 to 12 seconds, but at least I don't crash.

If anyone needs any files or any other info, let me know.  And thanks in advance for any help.

X10 Pro

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 06:29:10 PM »

Wetcoaster: What codec do you have selected for saving video? What frame rate? If you get the crash again, can you click for more info and tell me the module name that the crash occurred in, the version number, and the crash location?

Wetcoaster

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 07:54:25 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The codec is Cinepak, the quality is 60% and the frame rate is 10 fps.  I have also tried no compression and get very similar results with the crashes.

I'll try and get a moment later tonight and cause a crash and get more info for you.

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »

WetCoaster, I sent an email and my AHX files to X10, they are looking into it.

I showed the same problem, but my test showed a twist too.

I set 5min delay and it recorded 5 files 40sec long...  changed it to 1min and went to bed.
In the morning it had several 0kb files... I triggered it again and it created a 40sec file within the 0kb files.

my video rec is still turned off.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

Wetcoaster

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 12:11:10 AM »

O.K. here you go.  I triggered the macro manually.  Here is the info from the error.

AppName:activehm.exe        AppVersion:3.0.0.202  ModName:iccvid.dll
ModVer:1.10.0.12    Offset:0000d570

Codec - Cinepak
Video Quality 50%
Framerate 10fps

Hope this helps

X10 Pro

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 12:01:53 PM »

iccvid.dll is part of the Cinepak codec library, so if the crash is there it would suggest something wrong with the codec on your system. Can you choose a different codec (not a Cinepak one) and see if you get the same problem?

Wetcoaster

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 07:14:37 PM »

Part way home.  The cinepak codec was causing the crash.  I switched to no compression figuring that was the least reliant on any one else's software.  It now records video without crashing.

The remaining issue.  I get somewhere between 19 and 61 secornds of video recorded per trigger of the macro.  The times are pretty much random, though more tend to be closer to the one minute mark.  This is with a macro that is set to record for 2 minutes.

I've also downloaded a new version of the cinepak codec and when I get a moment I'll install that and try and see what happens there too and let you know.

Meantime, anything you need from me to try and help with the video record time solution?

AnotherX10User

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 08:45:06 PM »

I've been an X10 Active Home user for years and just in the past 3 months switched to AHP.  I'm not an X-10 "Power User" and only have it turning on and off things such as lamps and fans.  For that, it works quite well.  AHP did solve a problem I had with modules located on a different circuit since now it will send wireless commands to another transceiver module. 

I do have two issues.  1)  When Daylight Savings time arrived, the "interface" recognized the time change and I had hoped it would BUMP the ON times for the lamps up by one hour due to the increased daylight.  That didn't happen and I had to go through each of them and increase the time to the next hour.    2)  I wish I could figure out how to get the Active Home Professional link Icon off the top of my tool bar "Help".  (See Attachment)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 09:25:42 PM »

Hmmm,

No problem here with Daylight Savings Time. My dusk timers worked as usual: 10 minutes before dusk.

As to the icon in your taskbar, just delete it.  I've never had such an icon snice I got AHP last July.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 09:39:23 PM »

2)  I wish I could figure out how to get the Active Home Professional link Icon off the top of my tool bar "Help".  (See Attachment)

Shrink the window a bit :)

AnotherX10User

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 10:23:11 PM »

Thanks MystyX - but as you can see, that didn't make any difference.

Dan - Thanks for the input.   (I don't have DUSK timers turned on)    Is that what it takes to make Daylight Savings Time work?

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 11:53:29 PM »

Hmm weird...   almost seems like only certain resolutions? or diff. ver. then v3.203?

AHHH... See MyHouse in yours they added that but didnt move the Icon as its not attached to that.

without myHouse shows this...

« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 11:57:58 PM by Mystyx »
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.