🔌General Home Automation > Other Automation Systems

Freewire programming with X10

(1/4) > >>

jockboy570:
I just got my X10 Active Home Pro Unit and downloaded the software and I also bought the new Black & Decker Freewire outdoor units because I have to control some outdoor low volt lighting, fountain, etc but I'm not sure on how to program it. The freewire unit has no house or letter code whhels. It says to plug it into the same outlet as the "Black & Decker" main unit and then press the transmit button which corresponds to the code you want it programmed to. But how do I do this with the Active Home Pro? What type of device do I choose in the set up for it to control the Freewire outdoor unit? I heard it may be like programming the socket rocket since it also doesn't have user selectable wheels. Is this true? X10 tech support said to maybe try assigning it as the "chime" module. Does anyone have any reccomendations on this or has done it?  What does everyone else do or how do they control outdoor items? I thought about using the X-10 receptacle units in weatherproof outlet with the weatherprrof outlet but I was worried about long term moisture ruining the unit.

HA Dave:
Plug in a plug-in remote control (or your AHP interface) on an extention cord with multiple plug-ins. On the same cord, plug in your Black & Decker (Freewire) outdoor module.

Decide which House/Unit code you want the module to use. Then trigger it (turn it on) three (3) times. That should set it (it should turn ON on the 3rd or 4th ON signal).

It will remember the codes even when unplugged and moved, or if you lose power to the unit at some point later.

Brian H:
I have a few myself. As Dave said. Power it up and with in the first 30 seconds send the house/unit code 3 times and it should be reprogrammed.
Any X10 sender like a mini-controller or Telephone Transponder can also be used. All you need is the powerline signal 3 times in 30 seconds.
Yes folks kind of sounds like the Socket Rocket programming procedure; doesn't it?
It clicks like a appliance module inside the modules weather resistant case.

jockboy570:
Are there any house codes that work better or worse? 

jockboy570:
I guess the AHP is sending a line signal because when I click on the lamp switch it does turn the plugged in lamp module on & off thet I have set up as A1.  I don't think the freewire pickup RF becasue its set up is described as plugging in its "hub" or what we call AHP then the outdoor unit into the same outlet and press the button on the remote you want it to respond to by holding it down until the outdoor freewire unit blinks.
How do I know it's sending line signal vs RF?
 DO you think me buying a receiver/appliance module into the house with the AHP? What  is wrong with house code3s A & M you mentioned? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version