Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [HELP] Xcam2 - Poor Image Quality  (Read 9570 times)

ellada

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
[HELP] Xcam2 - Poor Image Quality
« on: May 08, 2007, 10:16:30 AM »

Hello;
I  bought an Xcam2 "new foreign kid in the block"with a video receiver (no audio). The cam right now is around 25 ft.( no wall)  away from the video receiver (testing) and the image is not clear, I am getting all kinds of bars, etc;”
I have changed the location on the system throughout the house and I am getting the same results. I do have a 2.5gHz phone and a router w/8.2g and a micro... ::).(I turned ‘m off)
I have already done the checks of switching between the A and D channels., the interference is there.
Any advice before I put them in the basement?  ???
Can someone help me Please?

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: [HELP] Xcam2 - Poor Image Quality
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »

don't just turn them off, unplug them from the wall. have you got the power supply to the camera set to the right house and unit code? the camera has a a,b,c,d switch, the power supply has the house and unit code switch, the receiver has the a,b,c,d switch. check to make sure all are set correctly. hope this helps also you might want to post this in the camera forum. A lot more camera guys hang out in there.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »

Do you have a wireless network on you computer or a 2.4 Ghz codeless phone? Both are known to interfere with the 2.4Ghz camera signals.
If you do try unplugging the phone as a test or change the wireless network channel as a test or turn off the network as a further test.

ellada

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 09:00:40 AM »

Thank you very much for your help!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.