Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [How-Do-I] Determine Module Status On Startup?  (Read 9973 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
[How-Do-I] Determine Module Status On Startup?
« on: May 11, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »

Hi ya guys got a quick question if you start-up AHP and you already have timers running what will the status of the modules look like on the screen? x10 only has a few modules capable of polling and there's no way for the software and CM15A the to communicate with the various modules to interrogate them as to their status so what would you normally see when you initially start the software, think I've discovered a possible problem looking forward to your feedback. Thanks

Tom j

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: [How-Do-I] Determine Module Status On Startup?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 12:44:06 PM »

When you start up AHP, it will get the current status of all the modules in your "monitored housecode" from the CM15A.

Personally, I wish there was a macro that one can have, that would be automatically triggered after a download to the CM15A.  Basically, an "initiate modules and flags" to a known, predetermined, value upon downloading a new program to the CM15A.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

tom j

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 02:39:57 AM »

When you start up AHP, it will get the current status of all the modules in your "monitored housecode" from the CM15A.

Personally, I wish there was a macro that one can have, that would be automatically triggered after a download to the CM15A.  Basically, an "initiate modules and flags" to a known, predetermined, value upon downloading a new program to the CM15A.

Thanks OK got it well that actually makes sense, can't understand why I didn't realize that the software and the CM15a could basically exchange notes and display the status in the software remember that beer commercial Brilliant! You know I checked the hardware configuration and I do have the correct housecode checked, thought I did but when I plug in the usb cable and startup the software it does correctly display the correct on/off status of my lights but not the dim levels for example I have the a timer for the porch lights in which they dim to 65 percent at dusk but if plug in the usb cable after the timer has activated it just shows that it's on but with no dim level  ??? as a matter of fact none of my timers that involve a dim level are displayed just the on/off status what do you think is going on shouldn't the on/off and dim levels be displayed hum think this is software or hardware problem. Say can I give him 2 points, darn!!! Thanks

Tom j

tom j

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 11:15:12 PM »

Just found the answer to my last question apparently I must of asked a similar question before just don't remember but x10 replied with the following.

X10 Pro Administrator:
If the module is in the Monitored House Code, the CM15A will tell the PC whether the module is on or off. The CM15A does not track the exact dim level, and so will report to the computer that the module was dimmed or brightened, but not the level. This will make the module show up in AHP with a "??" for the dim level.

Tom j

tom j

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 01:27:47 AM »

Say anybody know why the CM15a doesn't keep track of the correct dim levels is it a memory thing I know it has limited memory or is it that x10 just hasn't got around to programing it seems like it would be nice if it retained all the information.

Tom j

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 02:15:16 PM »

It's because if AHP can't see the X10Nets.exe, which is loaded when Windows loads.  If you have the CM15A connected 24/7 and you reboot (like when your antivirus program downloads an upgrade and demands a reboot), AHP will lose the module status until the next time a timer or macro runs and changes the status of a module.

If AHP can't get info from the X10 Network Services (X10Nets.exe), it does not give correct module status.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.