Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bug In My Smart Macro??  (Read 41303 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Bug In My Smart Macro??
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 10:02:30 PM »

Sorry Don no there's no timer I guess I just misspoke, I'm just relying on the mini motion detector to send the off command to trigger the second part of the macro. Guess I was thinking about the original macro. But after I starting seeing the same problem I did incorporate a flag to keep the first macro from repetitively sending the brighten command until the entire sequence has been executed thought that might be the problem. For example before I put the the flags in if you approached the porch before the both macros had been completed you could get repeated dim commands sent each time you came on the porch with the flags if you approach the porch before both have cycled it will not send additional dim commands until both have been completed well to make a a long story short it didn't resolve the problem, and it still occasionally dims to complete darkness which the activity monitor indicates is because of an additional dim command be sent. Say once again because I only have transmit and macros checked in the activity monitor doesn't that mean that these dim commands are originating from the CM15a. Thanks again for all the help!!!

Tom j

tom j

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 11:01:34 PM »

I'm still using the macro you suggested and as a matter of fact I even incorporated a flag in it to make sure it would not cycle until the timer had elapsed.

I'm puzzled by your last statement, above.  If you are incorporating a timer in your Macro (to dim the light) as well as utilizing the Off Command from the motion sensor (as I suggested, to dim the light), then that may well be why you are getting multiple Dim Commands.  So, are you still using a timer in your Macro as well as using the Off Command from the motion sensor?  How does your setup compare to what I suggest below?

Motion Sensor (set to M1)

Macro M1 On

M1 On and Flag 1 Staus Off
Brighten Lamp (L1) by 99%
Set Flag 1

Macro M1 Off
M1 Off
Dim Lamp (L1) by 35%
Clear Flag 1

Don forgot to mention my setup is identical to the one you have listed above. Thanks

Tom j

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 10:34:31 AM »

Did you ever try Walt2's suggestion?  Set Lamp L1 to 100% and Set Lamp L1 to 65%

tom j

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 12:08:54 AM »

Did you ever try Walt2's suggestion?  Set Lamp L1 to 100% and Set Lamp L1 to 65%

Well actually no Don. I really haven't I just want to know why this simple macro isn't working :-\ I did forget to mention that I do have a Leviton Amplifier/Repeater but from the activity monitor it appears that the CM15a is issuing repeated dim commands so whats you think this is hardware or software problem, I'm thinking it software cuz I have another CM15a I bought when they had one of those bundle deals with the hardware and software and both are doing the same thing. Thanks!

Tom j

tom j

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 02:43:53 AM »

Say Don think I've identified another problem, tell me can you suspend a macro without deleating it?  I would like to do this temporarily until I can figure out why it's not functioning correctly, Thanks

Tom j

Don N

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 09:43:03 AM »

You can delete a Module by Right-Clicking on the Module.  It will remain in the deleted module state and not execute.  When you want to retrieve the deleted Module, go to Flip-Down Menu View, select Deleted Modules, then move the Module back to Room.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 10:32:11 AM »

Thanks, Don.  I learn something on this forum frequently.

tom j

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 04:45:58 AM »

You can delete a Module by Right-Clicking on the Module.  It will remain in the deleted module state and not execute.  When you want to retrieve the deleted Module, go to Flip-Down Menu View, select Deleted Modules, then move the Module back to Room.

Yeah ditto to that Thanks! seems like the old active home would let you temporarily suspend a timer or macro that would be a nice addition to future updates to the Pro version.  Say Don according to my activity monitor am I correct in my assumption that the CM15a is sending the multiple dim commands.

Tom j

Don N

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 10:34:29 PM »

Have you tried unplugging the CM15A, taking out the batteries, replace the batteries after several minutes, plug the CM15A back into the power circuit, use the TOOLS menu to Clear Interface Memory and then Download Timers and Macros?  There may be residual commands still in memory that are causing the problem.  If that doesn't work I recommend you use Walt2's suggestion. 

tom j

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »

Have you tried unplugging the CM15A, taking out the batteries, replace the batteries after several minutes, plug the CM15A back into the power circuit, use the TOOLS menu to Clear Interface Memory and then Download Timers and Macros?  There may be residual commands still in memory that are causing the problem.  If that doesn't work I recommend you use Walt2's suggestion. 

Thanks for the suggestion, will try that tonight, but I have three of these units and the same thing happen with two of them, the same exact thing  :-\ got in touch withx10 priority support and gave them a link to this forum, they want me to send them my AHX data file so I'll be sending it tonight, will let everyone know what conclusion Mr. Boyd comes to. I really, really like this product it has so much potential it's just so sad they put such a crummy antenna on it and didn't take time to thoroughly check the software before they released it I remember even after a year of the release people were still complaining that the timers didn't work. I'm thinking this has to be some sort of software problem whata' you think Don? Thanks

Tom j

tom j

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 11:14:59 PM »

Say Don quick question I was just wondering think it might be the switch itself? I'm using those x10 Decorator Dimmer Switch, just ordered a couple Leviton 6381, look under modules lamps in Active Home Pro, these have that intellisense AGC (automatic gain control)  for enhanced response to X10 signals. AGC adjusts receiver sensitivity to help eliminate noise interference and improve the overall performance of your x10 system wondering if the switch itself might be part of the problem and possibly the Leviton might perform better, I said part of the problem because the activity monitor did appear to indicate that the CM15a did send multiple dim commands, I also like the soft start feature, were it ramps up slowly, sweet! . Also tell me doesn't the CM15a have to be plugged into your computer to view anything in you activity monitor, for example to see the transmit and macro activity wouldn't you have to have it connected to your computer. Thanks

Tom j

tom j

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 08:32:33 PM »

Hi Don! well that didn't work either thought it actually had but because this happens so infrequently I actually thought it had but after a day or so it started doing it again. Say two questions you saw that portion of the activity monitor I typed out doesn't it appear that the 15a is sending two consecutive dim commands and I'm a little confused on what you guys mean by using a absolute command I have a timer that brings up my porch lights at 65% so how would I use absolute command to brighten them kind of confused could you explain. Thanks

Tom j

Activity Monitor Shows The Following:

Macro C Bright 35% Porch Lights
Macro C16 (Porch Lights)
Macro C Dim 35% (Porch Lights)
Macro C16 Porch Lights
Macro C Dim 35% (Porch Lights)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 08:34:27 PM by tom j »

Don N

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 11:58:09 PM »

In your Macro that you have setup to Dim to 35%, change it to Set Absolute and then use the slider to select the desired 35%.  In your Brighten Macro use the Set Absolute and use the slider to select the desired 100%

tom j

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 11:46:14 PM »

In your Macro that you have setup to Dim to 35%, change it to Set Absolute and then use the slider to select the desired 35%.  In your Brighten Macro use the Set Absolute and use the slider to select the desired 100%

Got ya! I'm ready to try anything x10 support hasn't come up with anything thus far. Thanks for all your help and for helping me save some much needed $$$$ by suggesting that activity monitor that really nailed it say doesn't it look like the 15a is sending multiple dim commands. ??? :o

Tom j

tom j

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 12:21:45 AM »

Hi concerning the first part of your statement about the dim comand actually it would already be at 100% well using the alsolute I was only able to get to 99, but to dim back to the 65% shouldn't I just use absolute 65%, what I'm doing is increasing the brightness to a 100% using the 2 minute timer in the egal eye and then reducing the brightness back to 65% just want to make sure it's set up correctly. Thanks!!

Tom j
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.