Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cameras not switching  (Read 2935 times)

RP182

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Cameras not switching
« on: May 13, 2007, 01:14:24 PM »

I have a three camera system that has been active for three years. One day the remote would not switch between the cameras. I get video from one camera but cannot switch between the other two. I can't even get a blank screen. It's like the remote is not working at all. However, I can make the pan and tilt camera sweep or change positions from the remote but cannot switch to the camera and receive any video. All cameras are functional and have no hardware issues. I am not using any software interface. I have tried all troubleshooting suggestions from guides on the web site with no luck. Any suggestions?

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Cameras not switching
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »

check your tranceiver. Unplug it. try another outlet.  Batteries?  Switch on remote?, Somebody change house or unit codes on you??
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »

You could have ADDED or CHANGED something that is causing noise in your line, or otherwise interfering with your X10 line signal.

That happens a lot shortly after Christmas when new electrical devices are plugged in around the home.

When your home alone.... go around unplugging devices and checking your cameras. Don't forget the battery charger for your drill in the garage, the charger for the new cell phone, or the UPS (battery back-up). Be sure to turn off any CFL's lamps you may have on too.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 06:59:22 AM »

I
Quote from:
can make the pan and tilt camera sweep or change positions from the remote but cannot switch to the camera and receive any video.

If you are able to make the Pan and Tilt operate but the video is not switching then the remote is probably working. Try unplugging the power supply for the camera that is giving you video and see if the others start working. It sound like you have one camera stuck on and it is the one with the strongest signal. If the others start working when you unplug the one that is working try plugging it back in after several minutes. I have had this problem before and just leaving the powersupply for the problem camera unpluged for a few minutes got it working again.

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.