Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Power line Communication (PLC) for x10 camera with vanguard software  (Read 5521 times)

valleyecomm@yahoo.

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have  a serious problem. I have just purchased a 4 camera wireless system with vanguard camera software.  I have a barn (metal) which is about 300 feet from my receiver. There is no way to put a wireless extender between the barn and the receiver. I do not want to run a coax cable to the barn. is there a way to use  power line communication to retransmit the camera signal. HELP!
Thanks. Bob ???

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175

I have a barn (metal) which is about 300 feet from my receiver. There is no way to put a wireless extender between the barn and the receiver. I do not want to run a coax cable to the barn. is there a way to use  power line communication to retransmit the camera signal.

I take it all you have ran to the barn at this time is electric.

You have options. You could look at some of the "other" receiver units that have ranges longer (up to 400 feet) than X10's.  Or you could bury a CAT5 cable [to the barn]. CAT5 is cheap and your don't need to "trench" to bury it. I used a square bladed spade to wiggle open a slit in my yard, then tapped the CAT5 in the soil with a thin board.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.