Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EagleEye-won't work unless on A1  (Read 4978 times)

rlcot1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
EagleEye-won't work unless on A1
« on: May 23, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »

Hi
Need some help.  I followed directions to the tee and can't get my motion to wokr unless on A1.  I have two different rooms with my tranformer set on A and that room works fine.  When I set my second motion to A2 with my lampmodule set to A2 it won't work.  But when I set it back to A1 it works.  the problem with that is when I walk into one room the other room light comes on with the first one.  They also go off the same time.  I've tried other combo such as setting my home to b etc.  Nothing works except A1.  Thanks for your help

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: EagleEye-won't work unless on A1
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 09:55:23 PM »

Hi
Need some help.  I followed directions to the tee and can't get my motion to wokr unless on A1.  I have two different rooms with my tranformer set on A and that room works fine.  When I set my second motion to A2 with my lampmodule set to A2 it won't work.  But when I set it back to A1 it works.  the problem with that is when I walk into one room the other room light comes on with the first one.  They also go off the same time.  I've tried other combo such as setting my home to b etc.  Nothing works except A1.  Thanks for your help

Okay, first, when using motion detectors, each one takes up two "unit codes".  If the motion detector is programmed to A1, it will send A1 ON and A1 OFF as responses to motion.  It will send A2 ON and A2 OFF when the built-in light sensor decides it is light out or dark out.  So, you must skip a unit code between motion detectors.  The next valid address to set the second detector to would then be A3, and it would use A3 for motion and A4 for light / dark!

Second, try swapping the motion detectors, if neither one works in one location, then you may have an RF range problem.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 12:40:14 AM »

I've tried other combo such as setting my home to b etc.  Nothing works except A1.  Thanks for your help

Another point.... the motion sensors don't hold program information when the batteries are removed. Since the batteries rest over the mounting screws, this means the sensors must be installed BEFORE the sensors are programed.

That can be awkward for some installations. Some of us (me included) have used Velcro to mount the sensor so we can program it ... then stick it where it's needed.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 09:57:08 PM »

I've tried other combo such as setting my home to b etc.  Nothing works except A1.  Thanks for your help

Another point.... the motion sensors don't hold program information when the batteries are removed. Since the batteries rest over the mounting screws, this means the sensors must be installed BEFORE the sensors are programed.

That can be awkward for some installations. Some of us (me included) have used Velcro to mount the sensor so we can program it ... then stick it where it's needed.

Good point Dave!   ;D
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 06:12:07 AM »

Quote from: Dave_x10_L
That can be awkward for some installations. Some of us (me included) have used Velcro to mount the sensor so we can program it ... then stick it where it's needed

Excellent point Dave. Nothing worse than trying to program a motion sensor while standing on a ladder in bright sun light. :)

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.