Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Please rate x10 support

Support?  What support?
- 6 (42.9%)
You mean these forums?
- 4 (28.6%)
If they spent as much time on the product as they do on the web site, spam mail and buttons in the product it self selling us stuff.....They wouldn't need support
- 1 (7.1%)
Even sales support is slow!
- 0 (0%)
Okay
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: x10 support  (Read 10199 times)

bradleystownsend

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
x10 support
« on: May 28, 2007, 01:18:48 PM »

If polls get removed, does this mean x10 staff does read the forums?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: x10 support
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 03:41:40 PM »

X10 Staff do read the forums but few add anything! :(
Polls\posts don't get removed unless they contain inappropriate content! ;)
One could easily check more then one option but  the best support is defenitly the forums.[/size] ;)
Many of the x10 staff don't live this stuff like the users here do nor do they know half of what is possible with it ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 10:00:50 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dgarces3

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 07:43:27 PM »

personally, i think x10 staff are illiterate about the product they sell. i mean look at us, here we are looking for clues, answers, to our questions with other people who dont sell this stuff yet, take the time to help others with problems that persist such as software, hardware, trouble shooting. i for instance have found all or most of the information about the problems that i have here in the forum. before this, i perception about a forum was about telling other users how you use your cameras for not to help others or be a volunteer for x10. dont get me wrong but theres nothing wrong helping others and i believe thats what we all should do but for problems with products, x10 should help us as consumers and loyal customers fix our problems and our trouble shooting. but then again, without this forum i would have not met those who actually helped us with our dilemas. i think x10 purposely created this forum so that they would not have any issues helping customer service with problems. it would be easier for them just to create a forum like this one and avoid every confrontation with customers about issues. it would be cheaper for them to create a forum and let costomers figure out the answers among themselves than to educate and hire a group of x10 staff to help customers figure out their dilemas with every known issue. so i would personally rate this forum an excellent for all the knowledge people have invested such as ideas, questions, answers, but i do rate x10 support as by far one of the poorest service known to man for their lack for feedback.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 12:29:59 AM »

AFAIKT, X10 Staff has not been logging on here on a 'regular basis' since the last X10 Pro (aka the current MichaelC) resigned, so, IMHO, 99.9% of what happens here is because of the VOLUNTEER "Community Organizers".
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:15:43 PM »

The previous content of this post violated the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette policy and has been removed.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 09:00:22 AM by Tuicemen »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 08:41:13 AM »

The previous content of this post violated the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette policy and has been removed

So, you are claiming that the truth is that X10 support is really great?    ???
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 09:01:56 AM by Tuicemen »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

unhappy

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 05:53:09 PM »

worst support I've ever experienced!!!!
terrible customer service and even worse tech support.

Nothing but problems with these products , I returned everything for full refund.
My computer still gives me error reports, locks up, freezes from that vanguard software, even after I uninstalled software.

thanks X10!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 06:22:05 PM »

The previous content of this post violated the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette policy and has been removed
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 09:02:58 AM by Tuicemen »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 08:11:46 AM »

I've had my problems with X10.... who hasn't... X10 isn't REALLY a Plug-&-Play technology.

I don't mind calling Tech-support, whether calling (various products,Tech-support vendors) for support from work or home, I have never had a problem. Sometimes at work I AM the tech-support/helpdesk that gets called. Believe me, being the guy getting called, isn't an easy job!

I think X10 does a fine job (at leasted based on my personal experience). And the IN-DEPTH help and support provided here at the forum is (IMHO) 2nd to none.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 10:23:35 AM »

Think about the issue of support a bit more.  Someone buys an ActiveHome kit for $50.  Then they plug it in and it doesn't work they way they expect it should.  Lets face it, with the stuff sharing the powerline with X10 today, it isn't exactly plug and play.  So they get upset that they wasted their money, and contact technical support.  Even made in China, X10 is almost giving this stuff away.  For $50 you get a controller, lamp module, RF module, remotes, and free shipping.  How much money is there for any real technical support?  To remain competitive, many companies have gone to "pay-by-the-minute" telephone technical support.  Would people who buy bargain basement X10 products even use something like that?  Most likely they will come here and complain about buying junk.

FYI, I have had no relationship with X10 other than being a beta tester for the CM11A and CM14A.  However, I have used X10 products since the original BSR units were sold by Sears almost 30 years ago.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

bradleystownsend

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 08:51:57 AM »

« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 09:05:03 AM by Tuicemen »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 06:45:22 PM »

It ain't me.

You badmouth X10 constantly, I have AHP/CM15A and NO plug-ins, which seem to cause 90% of the problems.  My system gives me no problems whatsoever, and I have eight different .ahx fies for different periods in the year.  A simple 99 cent capacitor solved my house's phase problems.

bradleystownsend

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 11:53:43 AM »

You like to make assumptions.  I have only had brief problems with modules communicating with various controllers over the years.

No plugins?  Is that because you already knew they were buggy?  Maybe we should take a poll and see how many of us think you are a support person at x10?  We have already proved the best you can do is make wild assumptions.

While we are on the subject the level one folks are fine, they don't use the stuff but it's a good start.  Level 2 is however stealthy.  I have been promised contact from level 2 no less than 3 times.  No one ever called no one ever wrote.

This forum is truly great support.  But it should not have to be left solely up to the users to support the product.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 11:25:03 PM »

This forum is truly great support.  But it should not have to be left solely up to the users to support the product.

I don't mean to interupt a personal communication......

However, I would like to say (type) that there may be (from time-to-time) a couple X10 employees posting here on the forum. However the vast majority of us here are users (AKA volunteers) helping other USERS.

I felt (feel?) the pain of frustration when trying to make a technology reach it's limits. I also feel the pleasure and pride when I am successful. I have been supported by other volunteers who share my enthusiasm for X10 products.

[This is NOT part of this post..... just a blatant plug for BXVC, a NON-X10 product]
[/size]
Home Automation is an always changing technology

moocow

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 08:15:36 PM »

Well put Dave, and very true
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.