Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Isn't that special  (Read 20530 times)

MeThinks

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Isn't that special
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:40:41 PM »

"The previous content of this post violated, or referred to a post that violated, the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette Policy and has been removed.

In addition, the original poster has been warned.
"

[TTA Edit: Etiquette Policy Violation.]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 07:40:46 PM by TakeTheActive »

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
Re: Isn't that special
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 11:54:40 PM »

Gee MeThinks,
I don't believe anyone deleted your prior posts.
Possibly they aren't showing up under your name because previously you were a guest. Now that you're a registered member, registered as MeThinks and no longer a guest. I'm not an organizer so I can only guess.
The folks here don't mind criticism and or rants. We realize that it's a healthy way to vent frustration.
As a matter of fact we have a R-A-N-T-S thread.
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=11216.15

OR:   X10 Community Forum
         General Category
         General Discussion
          R-A-N-T-S:

Topic: R-A-N-T-S:  (Read 5279 times)

Possibly someone who knows will post an explanation or send you a PM.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 11:59:32 PM »

The only way I know to arm OnAlert (that is, cause the AHP red house icon to appear) is to use a remote.  That's why I made a hybrid Universal/Keychain remote module so that I could arm OnAlert via the internet. The macro that arms the security console does not arm OnAlert.  At least the icon never changes fron the "unlock" icon.  If there are other ways to arm OnAlert I'm not aware of them, but there are greater minds than mine on this here forum !  So hopefully you will get your answer.....  

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 03:16:24 AM »

"The previous content of this post violated, or referred to a post that violated, the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette Policy and has been removed.

"

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 08:04:19 PM by TakeTheActive »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 10:43:42 AM »

I see the actions of some person(s) with deleting and moving authority is still acceptable by X10.

This is the reason why I stepped down as a Community Organizer and left the forum 2 months ago.

People like MeThinks and dlongnecker do not have the right to speak their minds, have their own opinions nor ask for help.

"They did not Assimilate... therefore we must eliminate..."

I have been waiting for the return of dlongnecker's 3rd post. Look up his profile... you will see he has 3 posts, then click on his most recent posts... it only shows 2. Why? Ask a local Community Organizer that one... they can answer. I can answer also, but I stepped down as a Community Organizer, so I won't.

Another MeThinks missing post is in under "General Category \ General Discussion \ Newbie, Need security system setup help". Tuicemen replied on May 31, 2007 at 04:59:56 pm.

Dave_x10_L also quoted and replied to MeThinks in "General Category \ General Discussion \ Light Warrior: 'Adventures in the X-10 Zone'" on May 31, 2007 at 08:34:29 pm.

I have been waiting in the background for dlongnecker's post to return (with an apology) before I came back to be part of this community; but when I seen the same treatment being done to MeThinks, I had to let him know that these things can and do happen if a community organizer dislikes you.

I'm quite certain that some will definitely have to have the last work on this, so in all fairness, to those of you... your next comment will be the last word, as I have no plans to add more or give any further response to this topic.

Cheers everyone, I hope to be back someday... when the community is diversified and not in control of narrow minded organizers.

Until then, I'll just be lurking and waiting,

ByeBye for now.

X-Member

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 12:22:44 PM »

"

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 08:04:32 PM by TakeTheActive »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 01:13:13 PM »

To be honest... my family and friends know I post here. I have actually removed my OWN posts, from threads where people have used "discouraging words". Forums are one place where we actually can "take back our words".

Why don't we ALL reflect on some of the things we post to this forum. And maybe.... we all might return to apologize in a PM, or modify or REMOVE some of the comments we made.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 12:21:16 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 12:09:45 AM »

:o DAMN !
Puck, I really hate to see you go.
  :(

You have been a GREAT ASSET to this forum since day one.

I remember a while back when certain persons "NOT HELPFUL" ratings disappeared.
I still see these sort of things happening here on the forum.

Deleting someones posts because you don't like them or what they said is really immature.

If MeThinks posts were offensive a PM requesting it be cleaned up or removed would have been the appropriate thing to do.
BUT HE WASN'T EVEN GIVEN A CHANCE !

:( I sure used to have a lot of fun here  prior to all of this (*&^%$%.....
We even got into things that had nothing to do with X10.
Like Monty Python's "SPAM"  ;D

I'm sticking with it, because there are some really wonderful folks here and my regard for them is greater than my disgust for some others.

Jim
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

MeThinks

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 01:45:52 AM »

"

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 07:40:53 PM by TakeTheActive »

MeThinks

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 01:51:20 AM »

And I see that I now have a post rating of -1.  I don't know what that means exactly, but it can't be good...

8)

MeThinks

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 01:56:15 AM »

The only way I know to arm OnAlert (that is, cause the AHP red house icon to appear) is to use a remote.  That's why I made a hybrid Universal/Keychain remote module so that I could arm OnAlert via the internet. The macro that arms the security console does not arm OnAlert.  At least the icon never changes fron the "unlock" icon.  If there are other ways to arm OnAlert I'm not aware of them, but there are greater minds than mine on this here forum !  So hopefully you will get your answer.....  

Thanks JMac,  I appreciate your insite as well, I will probably have to do the same.  Tuicemen says he has no problems with this, but he hasn't said anything to me...
...or maybe he has, I don't know, because someone erased my posts!!!!!ggggrrrrr

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 02:06:43 AM »

And I see that I now have a post rating of -1.  I don't know what that means exactly, but it can't be good...
It just means that someone arbitrarily rated one of your posts as "not helpful". You're likely to never know who or why. The rating system here is meaningless as there is no way to even know how or why you might of upset someone. It could of even been from someone that just likes to give everyone negative ratings. See multiple other forum discussion on the topic. Take it with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 02:08:38 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »

Puck did not leave because of your posts MeThinks.

Take the ratings with a grain of salt. Most folks just shrug off a -; while other get offended. Someone is bound to not think a post of yours was helpful and may give you a -.
At one time all karma ratings both + and - where turned off by X10 Administrators.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 10:30:04 AM »

Obviously, those posts stepped on someone's toes.  I can understand the frustration when something doesn't work properly - I'm fighting that myself with a video board from a very well-known manufacturer right now.

That said, having the ability to delete messages should be used VERY carefully.  Just blanket deleting messages because they are ranting about stuff not working is not much different than the book burning that went on centuries ago.  And, there is that little amendment to the Constitution....

Jeff
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:33:05 AM by JeffVolp »
X-10 automation since the BSR days

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 10:41:16 AM »

And, there is that little amendment to the Constitution....

What amendment would that be?

Could you be referring to the "Bill of Rights"? That was the Bill that spelled out the limits of the Powers of Congress. (Congress shall make no law....remember). The Bill pointed out that people were born with certain inalienable Rights, endowed by their creator.

I am pretty sure.... the founding fathers didn't intend that Bill to empower people with the right to disrupt the free exchange of organized technological information. And I am AS SURE that MY creator did not create anyone for the purpose of vandalizing private propriety.

This is NOT public domain! This forum is the propriety of a privately owned business.

I take my Rights seriously! Please don't confuse what many of us have been willing to risk our very life's to protect, with someone scribbling "@$$holes" on someones private propriety.

If your Canadian... please forgive me... for all I know, that could be the way things are there.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:17:32 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.