Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to ARM Security System From Internet  (Read 24670 times)

heatvent

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
How to ARM Security System From Internet
« on: January 20, 2007, 11:38:43 AM »

I have AHP and the OnAlert plugin as well as MyHouse online service.  How can one arm the security system over the internet?  Is a macro needed?  Is a firecracker needed?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: How to ARM Security System From Internet
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 12:21:48 PM »

heatvent: Here is a sample macro for arming your system over the internet. Don't forget to register this with the PS561. In case your not aware, you cannot arm OnAlert via a macro... only the PS561.

Re: Disarming via a macro? Where are the macro commands to do this?

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 11:04:23 PM »

Has anyone come up with a way to arm OnAlert from the Internet?  Surely there must be some way to simulate the RF arming signal from a remote (SH624) or keyring (KR10A).  Do we have to resort to an appliance module triggering the SH624 rocker arm?  Wait a minute, maybe I answered my own question!

JMac

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 03:11:54 PM »

I just modified a KR10A (Security Keychain) to allow OnAlert arming on the internet.  You just solder two wires across the arm switch inside the case and attach the ends of the wires to a Universal Module set on momentary operation and isolated contact relay.  A click on the assigned appliance module turns on OnAlert and the Red House armed symbol will magically appear!  Of course the warranty on the KR10A is kaput, but it's a cheap item if you had bought the 4-pack.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »

I just modified a KR10A (Security Keychain) to allow OnAlert arming on the internet.  You just solder two wires across the arm switch inside the case and attach the ends of the wires to a Universal Module set on momentary operation and isolated contact relay.  A click on the assigned appliance module turns on OnAlert and the Red House armed symbol will magically appear!  Of course the warranty on the KR10A is kaput, but it's a cheap item if you had bought the 4-pack.

THANK YOU JMac. I've been following this thread waiting for someone to come up with something.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JMac

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 02:22:47 PM »

I just looked again and some one had done this very thing about a year or two before me.  Should have done a little more searching.  Newbies are still with us......

MeThinks

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 05:04:08 PM »

Start here:  Here's what I've done to arm via macro

Then use MyHouse plug in,  and momentarily turn on your phantom module, until you see the macro run, turn it off and Voila!

Of course this will only arm remotely, I haven't quite figured out how to disarm remotely....yet...

8)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 05:29:03 PM by MeThinks »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 07:09:46 PM »

Of course this will only arm remotely, I haven't quite figured out how to disarm remotely....yet...

Wouldn't JMac's post also work for disarming... say if the KR10A was set as a camera, then "hot-wired" as disarm?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JMac

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 08:00:34 PM »

Nice work, "MeThinks".  A bit cheaper than a Universal/KR10A hybrid.  I think I went this way because I was getting so many shutdowns of AHP that I installed RealVNC and gave up on creating macros.  Glad yours works !  It's true, you could use the Universal/KR10A to disarm though...............

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 09:21:45 PM »

MeThinks:
Again, Nice!
It is realy amazing what a Phantom module can be made to do! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

MeThinks

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 11:12:46 PM »

Wouldn't JMac's post also work for disarming... say if the KR10A was set as a camera, then "hot-wired" as disarm?

Nice work, "MeThinks". A bit cheaper than a Universal/KR10A hybrid. I think I went this way because I was getting so many shutdowns of AHP that I installed RealVNC and gave up on creating macros. Glad yours works ! It's true, you could use the Universal/KR10A to disarm though...............

Don't get me wrong guys, I LOVE the hybrid idea!  I actually wanted to do it to a SH624 so that I would be able to have the delay entry feature available only with the SH624  ---(Side note--- why doesn't the KR10A have a delay entry feature, seems a little silly....)
But I also did not want to venture into this realm quite yet, I only have one remote, don't wanna screw it up  :)

The above posted idea of mine(w/collaboration) was a quick-easy-no-solder idea....for now.

8)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.