Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can the X10 wireless cameras be connected to a DVR  (Read 13682 times)

arzoo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can the X10 wireless cameras be connected to a DVR
« on: June 05, 2007, 03:34:13 AM »

I have a 4 channel dvr connected to a couple of wired cameras. The dvr is connected to the internet so i can view the existing cameras remotely. I am looking to add a couple of wireless cameras and connect them to the dvr.

Is this possible with the x10 wireless cameras? If so, hope someone can explain which models are most appropriate and how they will be connected to make the setup work.

Also, will I be able to view all cameras through the dvr remotely?

Thanks.

Chancho

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Can the X10 wireless cameras be connected to a DVR
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 10:28:59 PM »

While I haven't tried it yet, but you should be able to hook up the X-10 video receiver RCA plug directly to the DVR and control the X-10 camera as usual. You might need an adapter to convert the RCA plug on the video receiver to a BNC connector unless your DVR has RCA jacks on the back. When my 4 channel  DVR and cameras get here tommorow, I'll try it and post again.

The plan is to mount my new 600 LOR bullet cameras to the ninja bases, use a few eagle eye motion detectors to rotate the ninja to the initial action and then let the DVR motion detection record to the internal hard drive until the motion stops. This way I can use 2 good cameras to cover the whole property and access the whole thing through the DVR via the internet

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Can the X10 wireless cameras be connected to a DVR
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:32:53 PM »

Sounds like a great plan! Let us know how that works out. And maybe a link for the DVR might be nice.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.