Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timer not working on Socket Rocket  (Read 6218 times)

digiSal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Timer not working on Socket Rocket
« on: June 05, 2007, 09:40:48 PM »

Greetings. Not sure if this falls under the Macro catergory.

I have a Socket Rocket which is on A1 and im using a CM15A interface.

I simply highlighted the Socket Rocket Module and on the Timer Designer I told it to turn at Dusk and off at Dawn daily and its not doing it.

When I look at the history I can see that it says Macro Address A1 and then Macro On (A1).

The light will turn on if I manually tell it to turn on. The history then says Send Address A1 and then Send On (A1).

Any ideas?

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
Re: Timer not working on Socket Rocket
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 06:08:35 AM »

digiSal,

Did you make sure to download to the CM15A.

Quote from: digiSal
The light will turn on if I manually tell it to turn on. The history then says Send Address A1 and then Send On (A1)

Are you doing this from the interface or with some other device?

Might I also suggest that you avoid house and unit code A1. A1 is the default setting for all RF devices and it is also the setting that the motion sensors default to when the batteries start to fail. Using A1 can result in unwanted triggering.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:41:28 AM by JimC »
_ _ ...  ..._ _

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 11:08:11 AM »

Try pluging the lamp or just the Socket Rocket in the same outlet to test. This will help determine if there is a signal problem.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

teez67f

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 05:05:05 PM »

Hello Digisal

I agree with JimC it is wise to change Housecode/Unitcode to something other than A1 .. :)

That said my home is full of Socket Rockets including 2 in each PR511 that I have(hacked PR511 if anyone is wondering). ???

Use them in electrical,heater,utility and work areas and some lamps.Also some outdoor for mood lighting(low output bulbs).

Use AHP for timer and dusk-dawn operation and of all my X-10 the SR are the most reliable. ;D

Change your HC-UC to lets say B1 and update your hardware configuration to your area plus check transceived codes you use including B. ;)

It should work no problem if you say that manually turning it on works all the time.(No noise issue apparently).

So change to HC-UC your choice,check hardware config to your area and check HC-UC used by you.Create timer and/or macro's and voila!

Hope this helps .... You can get X-10 to be reasonably reliable (close to 100%) but it takes a bit of work. ::)

cheers

teez67f

Rambler

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 02:55:29 PM »

In the 4th paragraph you say that A1 is a macro and in the 5th paragraph you say the SR is A1.  I think you have an address conflict.  It doesn't sound like you even need a macro in this situation.

Bill

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 08:38:58 PM »

I have several Socket Rockets, and all of them respond to macros.  You cannot have a macro address of A1 and a module (any kind, not just a Socket Rocket) on address A1.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.