Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP crashes suddenly  (Read 7377 times)

sdetweil

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP crashes suddenly
« on: June 08, 2007, 12:19:25 AM »

I have been working along just fine for the last two years..  Lights on and off as expected..

last week we had a power failure,  and my UPS failed..  now my CM15a Clock is off, and i need to reprogram it.. but AHP (activehm.exe) crashes now on startup.. WinXP Pro, all latest service.

I have re-installed (without uninstall).. no  change

I don't think I have a backup of my config..

Sam
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 12:28:30 AM by sdetweil »

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: AHP crashes suddenly
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 11:56:08 AM »

You may need to uninstall and reinstall. Backup any *.ahx files. They have all your stuff in them. I expect you'll need to re register so you'll need those numbers you got when you ordered the program originally. If you don't have them, you may need to contact X10.
Search this forum. I seem to remember at least once before seeing something about others having to reinstall the program
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 05:27:32 PM »

Can you provide any details from the crash info? They may help identify the problem.

sdetweil

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 09:40:22 AM »

AHP crashes immediately on startup, here is the overview detail from the trap screen

AppName: activehm.exe    AppVer: 3.0.0.202    ModName: ahp.dll
ModVer: 3.0.0.204    Offset: 001bf320

I installed the same code on a different machine and it worked fine..
I copied the code from the working machine to the failing machine, and it still fails.

I was able to save the config, by copying the XML files.

the secondary machine let me reprogram the clock and download the timers and macros to the CM15a. so I at least have the automation while I debug this.

any other questions, fire away.
I did uninstall/re-install on this failing machine, installed into a different location.

Failing machine is an Intel duo core, working machine is a single CPU AMD Athlon XP machine.

I do see a post over in the Software Problems area (didn't see that whole area before) about ATI card conflicts..  This machine does have an ATI card (that was a change, I think,  since AHP was run last)..
Sam
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 09:48:40 AM by sdetweil »

Tinman55

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 09:32:21 PM »

I am running AHP just fine using a ATI Alll in wonder XT-800  using ATI driver 8.321.....I have had no crash during Video operations using the std. codec by radius.  I would check and make sure your video driver is up to date.

sdetweil

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 11:31:10 PM »

I copied the x10net.dll to the /program files/ati multimedia/RemCtrl directory (per the other post in the Software section, see below), overlaying one with a 3/28/03 date with the one from the latest AHP package  6/21/06.

On rebooting, everything works again...

referenced link http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=8494.msg51652#msg51652

Sam

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.