Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VT38A Floodcam and Active Home Pro  (Read 5460 times)

dr_bob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VT38A Floodcam and Active Home Pro
« on: September 13, 2006, 02:22:25 PM »

I have recently upgraded from the original Active Home with a serial interface to Active Home Pro with its USB interface. Since this installation, I have noticed that my floodcam turns on when it senses motion but does not automatically turn off. Has anybody else had this problem and, of course, anyone have a solution?
I have a second question: Is it possible to pick up a signal in Active Home Pro when the floodcam turns on?
Thanks
Dr_Bob

hocuspocus

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: VT38A Floodcam and Active Home Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 05:19:54 PM »

Dr. Bob,

I have very similar issues with my FloodCams.  I usually end up having to use the turn all units off function or try and flip through cameras to force it off.  I have tried the FloodCams in Manual and Auto mode with no real luck.  If there is a good solution, I would love to hear about it!  I was hoping that the manual mode would keep the camera off even if there was motion, but one can only hope.  I may just swap the floodcams for motion sensed floodlights from one of the local retailers to avoid this headache.  I believe they would work well if all you had were floodcams since the floodcam sends an off signal to the other three in the group of four configuration.

immyfish

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 02:23:03 PM »

How did it work out, Dr Bob?
I assume you went to your local home store. Probably a good choice...

Nickhere1

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 07:49:18 PM »

Hello
I, too, am finding the identical problem.  USB active home pro intermittantly triggering the floodcams.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:28:29 PM »

I have never owned the FloodCam. Where I already had floodlights wasn't a good place for cameras.

However, I do own the X10 dual floodlight (PR511). They're great. I use mine to trigger X10 cameras, inside lights, a chime, and a macro in AHP that triggers the VCR commander ON.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.