🔌General Home Automation > Powerline Control Reliability

Welcome to the New Board!

(1/3) > >>

JeffVolp:
Hello All,

This board will address the issues encountered when using X10 Powerline Control.  We have used X10 since the brown BSR modules were sold by Sears almost 30 years ago.  Over the years I’ve learned a few things that keeps our automation system working perfectly.  I wrote a few tutorials to share that knowledge with others:

JV Digital Engineering's X10 Troubleshooting Tutorials Series
If your questions aren't answered there, I will try to check in here every evening to address specific issues.

Jeff

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com):
;D  Congrats Jeff!   ;D
With the wonderful information you have posted so far, I can't wait to see what you do with your own board!   8)

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: JeffVolp on June 14, 2007, 08:24:53 PM ---
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

--- End quote ---

Pretty darn cool!

JeffVolp:
Thank you for your comments.  X10 control has been with us a long time, and I'll do what I can to keep it viable long into the future.

TTA should be especially thanked.  Without his prodding, I would not have taken the time to write the tutorials.  He proofread them, and provided some valuable feedback.  And he was instrumental in my starting this board.

Something I would appreciate is some of you fellows taking a look at the XTB-II Enhanced Repeater Development document that is linked at the bottom of the XTB page.  Since I'm working on that code now, are there any other features I should consider?

The biggies are collision avoidance, the diagnostic mode, and trying to deal elegantly with concatenated dims.

I'm thinking about also including an option that allows the user to REDUCE the XTB-II output.  One user actually had too strong a signal, and we had to add a signal clamp to limit the signal level on one circuit.

Jeff

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com):
WOW!   :o

I had no idea you had created this!   :-[  (this "embarrassed smily" could use work, it looks to much like "angry" to me!)

I really can't think of any improvements to offer.  Allowing the end user to tweak the output signal level to best match their power line conditions is brilliant (IMHO), as are the other "options" that can be enabled and disabled by the end user!

Again, WOW!   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version