Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: setting up motion activated cameras  (Read 2595 times)

Redghost

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
setting up motion activated cameras
« on: June 14, 2007, 02:46:10 PM »

Hello,

i am a noob and am unfamiliar with this kind of thing and setting up a motion camera system for my job we have been the victims of several smash and grabs on our trucks and i am trying to set the cameras to turn towards the sensor that detect motion and then record until 2min has passed with no motion.  i know that macros are needed and i can get as far as them working when i click it but its not working on motion detection i dont know if the eagle eye sensors are reaching the reciever i have checked the activity monitior and am not really sure what i am looking for.i finally got the cameras working after sending a faulty usb adapter back i am using the activehome pro software wuth all the needed plug ins i have been reading these forums looking for some thing realated to my problem and am not finding any thing if there is something i  misssed please point me there we have this system and aall i can do is look at them.

thank you for any information you can help me with

Redghost

Redghost

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: setting up motion activated cameras
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 03:06:02 PM »

hello again,

i just read somehing about RF range that might narrow my problem down a little more my warehouse and office is on the conner of a building i was hoping to have the 8 motion sensors  spread across the whole outside of thebuilding the reciever is more to one side i dont think that it is more than 50 feet to any one point i read taht they only have a very short range like 10 feet at most my boss is not gonna take lighty to this if is infact true so any suggestions

thanks again
redghost

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »

OK you mentioned Macro's (and video adapter) so I can assume your using the AHP and related software(s).

I use the AHP, and .... because of it's range found it ineffective until I modified it's antenna. There are several mods here at the forum, I am pretty sure they all work.

But before you tear-apart your CM15A (and void the warranty) why not bring a motion sensor to the AHP (less then 10 feet) and make SURE range is the problem.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:50:37 PM »

Good suggestion from Dave_X10.  Another thing you might consider is using other tranceivers like an R5501 before you tear apart the CM15A.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.