Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VCR Commander will not record to DVD Recorder  (Read 2437 times)

lancebro

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VCR Commander will not record to DVD Recorder
« on: June 10, 2007, 03:46:13 PM »

Need some help, been working on this X10 system that I bought off of EBAY. The system is hooked up and finally got the motion detectors to work correctly. Now I cannot get the VCR Commander to get my DVD recorder to do record. I can record manually but that kinda defeats the purpose of this system.  I just reprogrammed the commander per a recommendation thru one of the forums and it appears that everything went correctly but it still will not record. Do I need to dump the recorder to use a VCR??? I don't have much patients for this system, has not been the easiest system to install. 

Any help would be appreciated.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: VCR Commander will not record to DVD Recorder
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 09:20:22 AM »

The system is hooked up and finally got the motion detectors to work correctly. Now I cannot get the VCR Commander to get my DVD recorder to do record.

Despite it's name... the VCR commander should work for your DVD recorder. As long as you only need a single IR record command, and you've properly saved that to your Commander, it should work.

Have you tested the system? (And) What part failed?

Get a motion sensor close to the VCR commander..... does motion "trigger" the (makes the "light Blink") on the commander? If not.. check or reprogram the motion sensor or Commanders house/unit codes.

If the sensor triggers the VCR commander, but the recorder doesn't start, reprogram the commander to your DVD recorder. Sometimes if the room is too bright when programing in the remote, the code doesn't "take". Another tip: be sure the programing remote has fresh batteries.

If, with the motion close-up.... everything works.... you have a range problem. Try getting the Commander up higher, or closer to the motion sensors.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.